Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe the new protocol is slower or something like that, but at least it's more stable now. Didn't had any issue installing via USB for now while I had a lot with 0.3 and 4

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hippy dave what transfer speed you get on USB with V5 I am getting 16mbps compared to TF where I get 25-30mbps

Ya i am seeing that as well. But is average speed though, maybe the calculation is wrong?

I transferred a 3.93GB NSP last night through USB it stayed at constant 16MB. Yet on a non gui connecter like TF it's faster is it the GUI that creating an overhead or is the usb side not optimized yet I saw the same speed on V3 as well.

I just did a installation with goldleaf 0.5 and NS-USBloader 0.4 instead of goldtree having the same speed as well around 15MB/s Maybe it got something to do with you the USB transfer protocol in goldleaf 0.5

PS Tried with USB A to Type C USB 2.0 and type c to type c 3.0

USB is in a better state now:

• Installations are no longer handled by two different threads, which makes them more stable.

This is why the USB install speed is slower, its not a display bug or a USB bug.

I tried out the new 0.5 to install some games today, everything went smoothly. Nice job on the update.

Last edited by blawar,
Reactions: Deleted User

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job with this update, this is the only app which lets me install my NSPs via USB without crashing on 7.X. However, updates over updates via USB don't work, it says that content is already installed, so I have to delete the old update before I'm able to install it, please fix this when you can.

Reactions: Deleted User

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been using Dopus to install NSPs from 6.0 up to 6.2 since last October. I've been installing titles just fine with Dopus, but I'd rather upgrade to something that's still being updated. I've been researching on the latest installers, and I've had to sift through a ton of drama posts. I'm not trying to get into that discussion, I'm just trying to figure out what I should upgrade to from Dopus.

This is my usual process: NSP goes on SD card, put the card back into my Switch, boot up with ReiNX, then go to Dopus and install the NSP, and I can immediately play after (I don't do anything else like modifying tickets or converting stuff from xci to nsp, etc etc).

Would Goldleaf be an upgrade from Dopus? I just want to install titles like I have been doing, I don't mind the long process. I know network installs exist, but I'd rather just install directly from my SD card.

Thanks for any help/info.

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great job with this update, this is the only app which lets me install my NSPs via USB without crashing on 7.X. However, updates over updates via USB don't work, it says that content is already installed, so I have to delete the old update before I'm able to install it, please fix this when you can.
try " Replace NCA " option

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues compiling Goldleaf, I build libnx-goldleaf first, then compiled goldleaf nro, everything appeared to be fine but when I launch on the switch it goes to a black screen and eventually crashes with 2168-0002 (0x4a8), any idea what I'm doing wrong?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues compiling Goldleaf, I build libnx-goldleaf first, then compiled goldleaf nro, everything appeared to be fine but when I launch on the switch it goes to a black screen and eventually crashes with 2168-0002 (0x4a8), any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Just grab the latest precompiled nightly build here:

https://bsnx.lavatech.top/goldleaf/

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you use “make install” in libnx-goldleaf or just “make”?

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you use “make install” in libnx-goldleaf or just “make”?
You wouldn't want to do make install, the makefile for goldleaf is referencing directly from the libnx-goldleaf directory for the libs it needs.

Code:
LIBDIRS    := $(PORTLIBS) $(CURDIR)/../libnx-Goldleaf/nx $(CURDIR)/../libnx-Goldleaf/nx/fatdrive $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/pu $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/json $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/hactool $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/mbedtls

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't want to do make install, the makefile for goldleaf is referencing directly from the libnx-goldleaf directory for the libs it needs.

Code:
LIBDIRS    := $(PORTLIBS) $(CURDIR)/../libnx-Goldleaf/nx $(CURDIR)/../libnx-Goldleaf/nx/fatdrive $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/pu $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/json $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/hactool $(CURDIR)/Program/ExeFs/main/External/mbedtls
Oh, huh. Dunno what the issue is then :/

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a simple python script for install via usb on linux? Is there a simple python script to install over wifi on linux?

The old tinfoil was better for Linuxusers!

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there another way to exit out of goldleaf other than the home button as that way always crashes my switch!??

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you install NSP from USB?
I don't see any client on windows.

NVM, I didn't see GoldTree in the release tab (using kozmos, that's why)... Srry.

Last edited by Asia81,

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cannot seem to have any luck with this anymore.. used to work pretty nice.

On 0.5 release, I always get the error that the title is already installed. Someone mentioned "Replace NCA" option, but I don't see anything like that anywhere, and no google search gives any results... what is this?

If I try latest nightly build as of now, I get error "Metadata could not be located in the NCA(3)"...

Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: Forgot to say some details.

Switch is 7.0.1 using ReiNX.

Last edited by sTo0z,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself