Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When launched as nro it didn't delete files nor folders, but as nsp works really well. BTW nice job!
EDIT: some random crashes even with nsp version, especially when entering some menus (config, about, ...) and then entering sd browser

Last edited by crissal,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice too see more features, like the theme installers or file browser :)
though, it might be dangerous to allow deleting files from partitions. Do you have proper warning and confirmation? maybe disable it by default, and force users to enable an option to allow deletion.
I wouldn't want to have to see lot of users requesting help because of bad usage of this feature.

more questions:
Did you implement a safety check for title installation?
permission check, or TitleID mask?

Does it work with split nsp files?
Is xci support planned?

general question:
anyone had issue with Zadig and libusbk on win7 x64?
I fear it would mess my current drivers or break Windows.

Last edited by Cyan,

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Nice too see more features, like the theme installers or file browser :)
though, it might be dangerous to allow deleting files from partitions. Do you have proper warning and confirmation? maybe disable it by default, and force users to enable an option to allow deletion.
I wouldn't want to have to see lot of users requesting help because of bad usage of this feature.

more questions:
Did you implement a safety check for title installation?
permission check, or TitleID mask?

Does it work with split nsp files?
Is xci support planned?

general question:
anyone had issue with Zadig and libusbk on win7 x64?
I fear it would mess my current drivers or break Windows.
There is no safety for title installing for the moment, but it does warn when the user attempts to delete or paste contents in NAND partitions

Gee19

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Canada
Been having a ton of trouble with USB installs lately. It would be sweet to investigate using a transaction to install NSPs so it could be resumed if any parts failed.

EDIT: Reinstalling libusbK via zadig seemed to help

I'd be willing to contribute on the C# side of things, anyway keep up the good work man.

Last edited by Gee19,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on the release. Feels especially rewarding after a certain person claimed you picked up projects and dropped them without spending much time on them.

Looks real nice.

I noticed you didn't harp this project about lack of included licenses :) I thought you were the MIT / ISC license enforcer?

Nice release XorTroll, it looks well done. Do I have a license to copy everything?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the official replacement for Tinfoil, right? Great stuff.

There is no official replacement for Tinfoil, as noone uses tinfoil code (unless you ask @iriez )

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great work on the release!

It's a common issue for some NSPs, although they are completely valid ones, being detected as wrong NSPs. Although they can be really wrong NSPs, it is usually caused by firmware mismatch. For instance, in case you are trying to install a title which requires at least 5.1.0 version (which uses key generation 4) on a lower firmware version, it won't be recognised as a valid NSP for cryptographical reasons. (the console cannot decrypt the NSP because it is encrypted with unknown keys which are within 5.1.0 update)
Couldn't you detect this (read the required key generation from the nsp and compare to current firmware), and give a more specific error?

I second the request for a dark theme, and you know I'm gonna keep bugging you about mac support for goldtree! Keep up the good work.

Reactions: wicksand420

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work on the release!

Couldn't you detect this (read the required key generation from the nsp and compare to current firmware), and give a more specific error?

I second the request for a dark theme, and you know I'm gonna keep bugging you about mac support for goldtree! Keep up the good work.

Horizon does not expose the NCA header when mounting like he is doing, so there is no way for him to read the master key level. If the user provides keys.txt / prod.keys, he could go well out of his way to decrypt the header and try to figure out what is wrong, but that is a lot of work for very little gain.

He could try to make an assumption that the master key level for the nca's is the same as the ticket or rights id, but this is not always the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all