RELEASE Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by XorTroll, Dec 30, 2018.

1. HarryP_

HarryP_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Did you install the Zadig USB driver?

fatlardo likes this.
  2. fatlardo

fatlardo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2019
    United States
    Hi guys new here and to home
    Yes, I didnt know which dropdown to use so I did them all (winusb, libusb-32, libusbk). Any other ideas?

3. HarryP_

HarryP_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It could possibly be the cable that you're using

4. Kokin

Kokin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2017
    Hong Kong
    You need to install a USB driver,zadig-2.4

5. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    Hi there - in my case I had to have goldleaf running on the switch already connected to my pc while installing the driver. It didn‘t work for me otherwise as well. Hope that helps.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have no issues so far with usb installations under win10/atmosphere 8.0.1.

6. Stephano

Stephano pessimism = Realism

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nowhere
    On Some NSP's, Gold leaf will just hang after asking if I want to "ignore required system firmware."
    All I am trying to do is install the homebrew loader NSP but it just hangs. I've tried it with both the nro and nsp versions of Goldleaf. What is funny is I was able to install the NSP version of Goldleaf with the nro version but I can't install the homebrew loader. Does anyone know why this would happen?

7. bcoleman

bcoleman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    United States
    Goldleaf 0.5 says all the bugs are gone, but being a new user, I've never seen so many bugs at once. For the record, I'm on a Mac and I'm USB installing with NS-USBLoader, so I don't know what's responsible for the bugs, but I'd like to list them here.

You have to be so exact with what you do or else you'll get the most random of errors. But sometimes even that won't help. For example, you can't have more than 10 NSP's in the NS-USBLoader PC Client or you'll get an error. If you do get an error, you can't just back out of it, you have to unplug the usb from your switch THEN back out. If you back out FIRST, your whole switch needs to restart. But the biggest one is that sometimes an update file will say, "you already installed this file" and it won't install no matter what. There's no way to override this which is insane because in every other app it just installs over it. If it did that here instead of saying I've already installed it, I could at least update the game without having to delete the entire thing first...idk if it's a goldleaf or NS-USBLoader problem but it kills me.

Jun 1st edit: Oh and the fact that GoldLeaf caps write speeds at USB 2.0 levels of 18mb/s...when the older versions were fast at around 30-40mb/s. Hope we get an update resolving all these issues.

Last edited by bcoleman, Jun 2, 2019
  8. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    @XorTroll When will USB installation be fixed for newer game updates please ? I had 0.5 on my console working perfectly apart from game updates

Also tried another recent build from the lavatech site and having problems with that also

thanks

9. Arch Feline

Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    United States
    Thank you for the awesome (free) software !!!

I revising my question. I was screwing around because I am clueless and I got a crash dump from Nintendo. I will leave this in case it is useful. I did figure out what noob thing I did this time.

Under Nintendo<Contents/registered there are directories and some of them have nca's. Examining the hex in one of them causes me to get a dump and a message. I got this a few times on repeat loadings of atmosphere but just now I looked and I am not dumping. Here is the message when it dumps ---

An error has occurred.

Please press the POWER button to restart the console normally. or a VOL button to reboot to a payload (or RCM if none is present). If you are unable to restart the console. hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds to turn the console off.

If the problem persists. refer to the Nintendo Support Website.
    support.nintendo.com/switch/error

touching POWER reboots me to atmosphere.

Last edited by Arch Feline, Jun 8, 2019
  10. CYBZERO

CYBZERO GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2011
    France
    France
    Hello, I have an issue with Goldleaf 0.5 on FW8.1 with Atmosphere 0.8.10. When I want to install an update for a title which already have an old update installed, Goldleaf tell me that the title is already installed... The only option is to totally uninstall the title and reinstall it.

11. Bah-NS

Bah-NS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Estonia
    Hi Guys

I deleted some content from SD via goldleaf. The tiltes do not show up in system anymore but the SD storage did not free. How can I fix this?

12. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Double check using NX shell or ftp or a computer.

Bah-NS likes this.
  13. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Italy
    Am I the only one who's been experiencing issues when running Goldleaf on 8.1.0 (Atmosphere 0.9.1)? It just makes Homebrew Menu crash. I have the latest build available, got it from here: http://bsnx.lavatech.top/goldleaf/ (should be v0.6 in-app)
    Whereas v0.5, which I run via the forwarder, seems to be working just fine.

14. dudoso87

dudoso87 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2016
    Lately I’m getting error 0x234c02 all the time. How can I fix it? Thanks!

15. Solitario

Solitario GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2018
    Brazil
    not work in 8.1.0 usb mode

16. Pacman`

Pacman` GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2006
    Been there done that with NS-USBloader on SX OS 2.8.
    Solution: For these just use Tinfoil instead until the author updates his Goldleaf app

Last edited by Pacman`, Jun 26, 2019
  17. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Are we getting exfat usb support or is that RIP?

18. switshgam0r

switshgam0r GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Germany
    wrong tread

Last edited by switshgam0r, Jul 7, 2019
  19. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
  20. drvipej

drvipej GBAtemp Regular