GoldenEye Wii: Extracting the Weapon Sounds

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NotAWiiHacker, Oct 30, 2014.

1. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Does anybody here know how to extract the weapon sounds from GoldenEye? (The Wii version)

I'm currently trying to create a sound mod for an FPS game that replaces the firing sounds of the weapons in that game with the firing sounds of various weapons from GoldenEye

Any help?

yuyuyup likes this.
  2. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    bump

3. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    bump

C'mon, can anybody help? :l

4. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Extract the iso with something like http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/ look for a file that may contain the sounds/music. Chances are it's in an archive that you'll extract to extract using tools. So google the file extension and look for any players/converters. The games also available on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

*EDIT* I meant need to extract

5. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    I tried going through the game files using the Dolphin emulator

There's a file called "Audio", but nothing is in there...

6. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Aside from that, there's two more things I'd like to mention:

1. How do I extract the iso with the link that you've sent me? (in case that i may get different extracted files than the ones that Dolphin showed me

2. I'm aware that the game is also on PS3, but the weapons there use different sounds if I'm not mistaken

7. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    I don't think they do I've had both Wii and PS3 versions and the only difference I could think of was the higher textures and resolution but I could be wrong. The ps3 version has bin files but installs files on the HDD. I'll go check it in a bit and see if I notice anything.

It's been a while since I used backup manager. I thought it extracted iso files but I didn't see the option anywhere.

Dolphin should work so if its saying there's no files in a folder maybe there isn't? but if you want to use a tool http://sourceforge.net/projects/wiibafu/files/Wii Backup Fusion 1.1/ I checked it out and it works and you can use it to extract iso files.

8. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States

I find it pointless for GoldenEye to be having a folder titled "Audio" in the ISO and not having any files in there at all...

I'll try using the Fusion link you've posted and see if that works.

9. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Was I supposed to extract the ISO files by clicking on "Extract Image" in that Fusion program? Because all I got from doing that were a bunch of .wad files with the name IOS at the beginning

10. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Forget what I said about the .wad files.

I did manage to extract everything from the disc, but the Audio folder is still empty :l

11. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Then it's most likely meant to be empty, it happens. Find the rest of the files and see if you can extract them or something. You'll have to google everything.

12. NotAWiiHacker
    OP

NotAWiiHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Perhaps I'll just record the sounds myself in-game...

The rest of the files are .wad files that all start off with IOS (and a bunch of other numbers and stuff that follow soon enough)...I doubt the sounds will be in there :l

Thanks for the help, though