• Call Of Duty Black Ops

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vasili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Testing both. But so far, I'd say Black Ops. Must confess I'm a fan of CoD.
bow.gif

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to FPS's (as in, I haven't really played them seriously until now), but I have to say, I prefer Goldeneye over COD. Without trying to be biased over COD's lack of splitscreen, Goldeneye really sets the bar in showing that FPS's can work without fancy HD textures or graphics. COD does look pretty impressive for the Wii, and the fully customizable controls are a plus, but having no split screen is quite a sacrifice.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
GoldenEye 007 is a better package in my opinion. Black Ops' online component is better, but it comes at a sacrifice of a split-screen multiplayer, which is really fun when playing against friends. GoldenEye has some iffy controls in my opinion, the pointer often jumps around or doesn't go where you want it at first, and none of this is present in Black Ops as far as I'm concerned. But in general, GoldenEye is more fun.

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fondly remember the days when we endlessly played Goldeneye on the N64 - good times!

All in all, I like the stealth/spy scenario more than RL war scenarios. When I look at FPS's these days, most of them are selling us wars as entertainment. The Bond franchise has a different flavour and feels better to me.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aragon said:
I fondly remember the days when we endlessly played Goldeneye on the N64 - good times!

All in all, I like the stealth/spy scenario more than RL war scenarios. When I look at FPS's these days, most of them are selling us wars as entertainment. The Bond franchise has a different flavour and feels better to me.

Yes, if you close your eyes, you feel like bond...
The ambiance in goldeneye is very good. Especially the first level and the snow level.
Rain, snow, heat. Once you've set the controls right ( wich are fully customizable ! ! ! ),
it's a 1:1 experience. Good level design with multiple ways to complete.
Awesome game, but I did'nt like the dance club levels.
They reminded me of "The Conduit" wich is a BAD thing IMHO.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Call of Duty has fun online. I like the way it works better than Goldeneye, but Goldeneye has good online too.

However, Goldeneye has awesome single player. So. Goldeneye Wins in my opinion, but Black Ops is kinda' fun too.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Have to say I loved Goldeneye's campaign mode, but online left a nasty taste in my mouth for some reason, so for that reason my vote goes to BlackOps.

The online is just so big. So many challenges etc.

And is anybody else loving the wager matches?

bigganum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ConJ said:
Have to say I loved Goldeneye's campaign mode, but online left a nasty taste in my mouth for some reason, so for that reason my vote goes to BlackOps.

The online is just so big. So many challenges etc.

And is anybody else loving the wager matches?

Yeah I feel the same way, I love the single player of goldeneye but when it comes to online it feels like a CoD ripoff but worse.
So i'd choose black ops online before golden eye any day.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not played either online and I haven't played Black Ops on the Wii so comparing the PC version and for me GoldenEye is better.

Playing that game with a friend in the same room is a lot of fun and like in the single player mode it has more variety too.

Treyarch just seemed to be going through the motions with Black Ops and without the blockbuster style effects and looks its nothing, without the CoD name no one would really care that much about this game.

Eurocom however really did put a lot of effort in making a Wii FPS game for gamers to play for years. The set pieces work well with the Wii hardware. Again its solely living on the name and franchise but the devs did a lot to make sure it fitted in with the "modern" Bond style.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Black Ops is the best for online Multiplayer, but Goldeneye has a MUCH better single player experience. And split screen gaming. Goldeneye wins for me, I'm not enough of an FPS player to be any good at online - if I was, Black Ops would probably have had my vote.

But there is Zombies... That could be a game changer!

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I'm curious after being out for a few months which of these two has a better online following and is more stable for online play? I didn't really give goldeneye a chance, with exception to the original n64 goldeneye I never liked console FPS because of the controls. After playing black ops on my friend's ps3 and getting used to it I started playing on my wii with the classic controller and can handle it quite well now. I've been playing for a few weeks and I'm getting bored of black ops online now as I've unlocked almost all of the pro perks and plateaued skill-wise (not interested in prestige and starting over), how much replay value does goldeneye have online?

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i was playing to black ops and its very cool , so for the moment i can say that black ops is better because i havent tried 007
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended