GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Announced For PS3 And 360

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jul 20, 2011.

Jul 20, 2011
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Following a domain name listing yesterday, Activision have now formally announced GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. It's coming to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this year with a brand new engine and support for the PlayStation Move.
    A whole new mode called ‘Mi6 Ops Missions' has also been added to this HD conversion which will feature "new, distinct levels separate from the campaign that span the varied environments from the story and challenge players to complete different Assault, Elimination, Stealth and Defense objectives."
    Also confirmed for the game is four-player split-screen and 16-player online matches which are promised to have "more maps, weapons, characters and game modes than ever before.”[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Ooh, if it supports the Move, that means easy transition from the Wii version, right?

I wonder if it will have Kinect support... Interesting, if you think about it.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Awesome. It may just be a port cash-in but it seems to have what I wanted if they were gonna port it.

I may actually pick this one up.

4. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Didn't people complain about motion controls in the Wii version?
    Are people really so shallow that they truly believe that graphics makes everything better?

Nevermind, I forgot that it not being on a Nintendo console makes it "hardcore" and immune from flaws, even the ones it blatantly steals.

5. Guild McCommunist

United States
    It's also got that whole new mode added and expanded multiplayer. on top of the graphics.

The motion controls were optional in the Wii version and they are in this one too.

6. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Can't wait for this [​IMG]

Wonder what version to buy, X360 or PS3, it all depends on the extra's (if any) or how the multiplayer is on them.

7. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Hopefully we see this ported to Wii U too. Nintendo really needs to also get support of third-party developers. They said that would happen with Wii U and hopefully they keep their promise.

8. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    Mmm, cashing in on the Goldeneye name. Unless this has all the levels, features, and modes from the N64 version, I will not care.

edit: Oh, I see. It's a slightly upgraded version of the Wii game! Interest = 0.

9. king_leo

Member king_leo Real Hero

Australia
    Guys, Made for nintendo only really, expect a stuff up.

10. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    I dont usually get excited over FPS's (Outside of Halo and Battlefield), but this one has peaked my interest.

11. Centrix

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    God, Talk about "Pointless" and "Late" I mean come on Activision why not spend your time on other games, new games ones that actually matter and will sell. Quit trying to milk a 14 year old game, you did it already on the Wii and it sold well. Its like they're just beating a dead horse, lol, I honestly don't think its gonna sell as well as the Wii release just because its been out for a while now, but good luck I guess, I for one will not being getting it as I own the Wii release, the system it belongs on.

12. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I can tell there will be a lot of bawwing over this being ported, what with it going to non-Nintendo systems and all.

13. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i hope mutilplayer won't suck like the wii version i want oddjob online throwing his freaking hats LOL!! and jaws biting people for the LOL'S!!

14. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Yay, CoD Goldeneye HD.

15. Guild McCommunist

United States
    >Goldeneye Wii announced: "OMG FINALLY A GOLDENEYE SUCCESSOR".
    >Goldeneye Xbox 360/PS3 announced: "OMG THIS IS SO DUMB IT'S JUST COD ACTIVISION SUCK".

If this situation was flip flopped I'm sure you'd all be happy about it. It's not a Wii exclusive anymore, get the fuck over it.

You'd rather them put out a new CoD?

EDIT: Elaborate why it "belongs" on the Wii. Motion controls? The PS3 has almost identical ones. Because Goldeneye was on the N64? Who gives a shit what console the previous game was on.

16. watex5

Member watex5 dvd

Ireland
    Activision...

I don't want to feed Activision more money if its a bad game, Ill wait until theres some reviews before buying it

17. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    as if the Wii one wasn't crappy enough...

seriously...all we wanted was an HD remake of the N64 one..the code was already there...yet they managed to F#@k it up.

To each is their own..but IMO Activision fucked GoldenEye where the sun doesn't shine