lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anybody got a save for golden sun right after beating Tret(the tree one)just before heading to Imil with these Djinns(if i recall these are the ones you can get till there)Flint,Granite,Forge,Gust and another Jupiter one in the Tret branch.Thanks,it doesn't need to be exactly like this,but most closest to it.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I can give you the hacking info on both 1 and 2 if you want to hack your own stuff then.

Golden Sun hacking:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/468548/43776

Golden Sun the lost age hacking:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/561356/30811

It is better to use the golden sun hacking guide to hack both 1 & 2 then manually get all the djinns. You should use VBA to hack anything before porting it back to the cart or flashcart.

I find some of things for stats and inventory to be annoying, low numbers and stuff means alot of the stuff is overpowered.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
You are in luck my friend: (Rapidshare download link)
I use all 3 save slots in a cycle, the oldest one is probably the one you're looking for.
smile.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
Well, I can give you the hacking info on both 1 and 2 if you want to hack your own stuff then.

Golden Sun hacking:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/468548/43776

Golden Sun the lost age hacking:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/561356/30811

It is better to use the golden sun hacking guide to hack both 1 & 2 then manually get all the djinns. You should use VBA to hack anything before porting it back to the cart or flashcart.

I find some of things for stats and inventory to be annoying, low numbers and stuff means alot of the stuff is overpowered.
thanks for that,i will use it when i need to
smile.gif

QUOTE(Psyfira @ Nov 28 2009, 01:59 AM) You are in luck my friend: (Rapidshare download link)
I use all 3 save slots in a cycle, the oldest one is probably the one you're looking for.
smile.gif
THATS EXACTLY THE ONE!Thanks alot Psyfira,i don't know why but,my saves get corrupted on gbaexploader,maybe its the rom or maybe i need to reformat,again,thanks alot!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NEW PROBLEM(i kinda said already but...)when i put Psyfira's save,all three show up,i play,save,restart,now only the last save shows up(2 blanks and the last one still has save)if i save in anywhere those outcomes still go,the last save slot is the original save(the one that i wanted,it never changed even if i saved there)then after playing,save,and reboot,new game comes
frown.gif
( someone help please?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use Exploader so I'm stabbing in the dark here; Can you check the size of the savefile Exploader is creating after you save? Golden Sun saves should be 64KB, if it's creating a smaller file then that would explain why some of the data is being lost.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psyfira said:
I don't use Exploader so I'm stabbing in the dark here; Can you check the size of the savefile Exploader is creating after you save? Golden Sun saves should be 64KB, if it's creating a smaller file then that would explain why some of the data is being lost.
64kb,i think its my ez-flash that's the problem,i had it changed already for faulty battery,and it seems GBA Exploader is starting to ask me again if it wants to boot the cart

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
You might be using a different version of the game, there are 5 language versions of the game.

Both of you are using the English version?

Sometimes when I have incompatible saves for the same game, I import them into VBA then export it back out again before using it.
can you explain how?im using the U/E version(the one i downloaded had its file name UE)
edit:seems to be a Golden Sun problem for now...
frown.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
I tried using the save file Psyfira upped. Far as I can tell it works fine even on the retail cart.

Are you using a SRAM patched version of the game? Thats the only thing I can think of that would even cause the save to erase the first save spot.
i use GBA Exploadedr .58b,i think it auto sram patch's it,i know i sram patched it with GBATA,but i'll try again

EDIT:i sram patched it with new rom diff source,heck even tried GBALdr,same results.Perhaps it IS my battery,but i can still play Splinter Cell(yea i like it,platfrmer or not)with my saves intact.any ideas??

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, I am to saying that the hard SRAM patched copy your using is screwing up the save file. The original save format is flash and your trying to now use it with a game that now uses SRAM instead. The way the data is access is different so it is earsed when it encounters an error.

GBA exploader doesn't SRAM patch the flash save types, it modifies the rom so that it will by default use double the save space. That extra space is called backup data space by some games.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
No, I am to saying that the hard SRAM patched copy your using is screwing up the save file. The original save format is flash and your trying to now use it with a game that now uses SRAM instead. The way the data is access is different so it is earsed when it encounters an error.

GBA exploader doesn't SRAM patch the flash save types, it modifies the rom so that it will by default use double the save space. That extra space is called backup data space by some games.
so this means?sorry i'm a little slow on these things?i take it the i don't need to SRAM patch the rom anymore?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pretty much, you don't need the sram patched version. you can use the clean version. The downside is that any save you got for it is not good anymore.

The only save type that still needs patching is EEPROM type saves if your using gba exploader, though I think the it will be soft patched with gba exploader as well I would assume.

Once you start using a clean version of the rom, you should be able to use the save file from Psyfira.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i tried that,so i can play it,it saves,but when i start GBA Exploader,it doesnt ask for save write,it says "May I set this Slot2 expansion pack for GBA Exploader?"i think this is the one if your battery is dry?but i think i can still save one some games,i try

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It has to earse whatever was there previously and add its own markers. It is normal for it to do that if your jumping back and forth between something like AKAIO and exploader.

Make sure you back up any save data before switching over to any other loader, you will lose your stuff if you don't.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
It has to earse whatever was there previously and add its own markers. It is normal for it to do that if your jumping back and forth between something like AKAIO and exploader.

Make sure you back up any save data before switching over to any other loader, you will lose your stuff if you don't.
the problem is it ALWAYS asks that when i boot up GBA Exploader,everytime i play then save,when i boot GE it asks it again,also if i try to write SRAM/sav(vice versa)i says "SRAM save data not found Can't process to SAV file"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.