Gaming Golden Sun, maybe?

Seaking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after playing Goldensun Dark Dawn on the DS and getting to the ending ( :| WHY did it stop where it did?!) would it be good to say that the people behind the goldensun games are gonna be making the next one for the 3DS?

no, this is not based on any rumors, just a thought of mine :3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I don't think Dark Dawn sold like hot cakes and it got significantly lower scores than GS and GS: TLA. It's Metascore is 7% lower than TLA and 12% lower than the original, for reference.

I never thought the series was as compelling as people made it out to be. It was a good GBA RPG outing but very little stood out to me.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Scores were lower because the game is actually a little below the first saga in quality.

Awesome graphics and animation, music and such, but story starts bland and drags itself horribly slowly until the very end, there are more permanently missable important things than is tolerable in most existant RPGs, extreme lack of bosses, and a a few more.

Still an awesome game though, but not as epic and vast as the other saga.

D

Deleted User

There better be a sequel O_O I almost threw my DS after I finished Dark Dawn.

And it'd be nice to like, oh I don't know, maybe see Felix and the other crew. Sheba and Piers plz XD

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't know, I don't think Dark Dawn sold like hot cakes and it got significantly lower scores than GS and GS: TLA. It's Metascore is 7% lower than TLA and 12% lower than the original, for reference.

I never thought the series was as compelling as people made it out to be. It was a good GBA RPG outing but very little stood out to me.

How do either of those count as "significant"? If it were 20 or even 30% lower, then it'd be significant.

Anyway, the sequel is a no brainer. The game still sold impressively well and they know the main complaints everyone had - it being too easy and lacking many of the features of the previous titles like Hard Mode and the Arena. Even if we forget that Takahashi admitted they're working on something and that he's excited to challenge himself with the project, they once said that the first two Golden Sun games were prequels to the main story and a much greater adventure. Nintendo isn't going to cancel an RPG series that hasn't had a release in seven years yet still pulls in more copies sold than anything most other RPG developers get (Dark Dawn sold about 300'000 I think and neither Atlus nor Nippon Ichi consistently get that much from their best sellers).

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun has a huge cult following, so Nintendo will definitely support Camelot in the making of a sequel. Actually, this is also how Dark Dawn came to be.

D

Deleted User

Wintrale said:
Guild McCommunist said:

How do either of those count as "significant"? If it were 20 or even 30% lower, then it'd be significant.

Anyway, the sequel is a no brainer. The game still sold impressively well and they know the main complaints everyone had - it being too easy and lacking many of the features of the previous titles like Hard Mode and the Arena. Even if we forget that Takahashi admitted they're working on something and that he's excited to challenge himself with the project, they once said that the first two Golden Sun games were prequels to the main story and a much greater adventure. Nintendo isn't going to cancel an RPG series that hasn't had a release in seven years yet still pulls in more copies sold than anything most other RPG developers get (Dark Dawn sold about 300'000 I think and neither Atlus nor Nippon Ichi consistently get that much from their best sellers).

Because 12% is a huge difference between scores on a metacritic, it can mean the difference of being mixed and critically acclaimed

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
Because 12% is a huge difference between scores on a metacritic, it can mean the difference of being mixed and critically acclaimed

Even ignoring the fact that nobody in Japan actually cares about Metacritic, for them it's all about the Famitsu score and Dark Dawn scored exactly the same as The Lost Age in that respect, the first Golden Sun got a 91. Having a 79 is a really huge achievement considering the time it took for the game to come out and the glaring faults it still contained.

12% isn't a big deal considering the original Golden Sun's entry on Metacritic is based on 33 less critic reviews than Dark Dawn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr