Gaming Golden sun Dark Dawn Sequel..

rockerzz182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Nope. And the game's been out for a month. Why would talks of a sequel be going around now?

Because you can see it at the ending of the game that there will be a sequel and that the style of camelot just like they did on Golden sun and Golden sun lost age..

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8BitWalugi said:
Nope. And the game's been out for a month. Why would talks of a sequel be going around now?

You'd be surprised how many games on Gamespot/gamefaqs have "possible sequel/prequel for this!?" threads BEFORE a game is released.
It's hilarious.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
It may sound ridiculous to even consider talking about a sequel, when the game was just released less than 2 months ago.

But actually thats not the case, and the question is valid.

Knowing Camelot, they were probably already working on a fourth GS all along while making GS Dark Dawn, because, like it was the case with TBS (original GS) and TLA, they were 2 parts of one game. One starts exactly where the other one ends, and the first one explains barely anything at the end.
Which is what happens at the end of DD. It makes you go, "Wait why did, what? Why?"
You can't explore more than a third or so of the world, the villains motives are not explained AT ALL and the main topic (psynergy vortexes) is forgotten halfway through the game, reappearing 4 seconds before the credits, not to mention 90% of the people you wanna meet are only talked about all the time etc.

Also interesting to note is that TLA came out just 10 months after TBS.

Since the 3DS will come out March (?), I could see them releasing a sequel still for the DS while everyone figures out how to make games for the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

That was probably among the shittiest ending for an RPG I've seen in a while.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
marjan1337 said:
It may sound ridiculous to even consider talking about a sequel, when the game was just released less than 2 months ago.

But actually thats not the case, and the question is valid.

Knowing Camelot, they were probably already working on a fourth GS all along while making GS Dark Dawn, because, like it was the case with TBS (original GS) and TLA, they were 2 parts of one game. One starts exactly where the other one ends, and the first one explains barely anything at the end.
Which is what happens at the end of DD. It makes you go, "Wait why did, what? Why?"
You can't explore more than a third or so of the world, the villains motives are not explained AT ALL and the main topic (psynergy vortexes) is forgotten halfway through the game, reappearing 4 seconds before the credits, not to mention 90% of the people you wanna meet are only talked about all the time etc.

Also interesting to note is that TLA came out just 10 months after TBS.

Since the 3DS will come out March (?), I could see them releasing a sequel still for the DS while everyone figures out how to make games for the 3DS.

But wasn't there talk at some point on dark dawn being pushed back for the 3ds launch? maybe the sequel is the game that was hinted at as being for 3ds.

edit : Since 3ds is backwards compatible maybe it will be released on a hybrid catridge or ala twighlight princess with a ds and a 3ds release.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
I think it would be smart to do the sequel for the DS...I hate sequels that are on the next gen. when the nest gen has only been out for a little while.
yeah me too but when it comes to the almighty $$$'s you can't write anything off.

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
A thought

Would they really put the second part (which is going continue and will explain everything that wasn't) of one bigger story on a new system? Especially when 3DS will be much more expensive e_e

Oh and, if you use cheats to walk in the parts where you are not supposed to in DD, you can see they already had the basic overworld for some of the other continents made.

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marjan1337 said:
Would they really put the second part (which is going continue and will explain everything that wasn't) of one bigger story on a new system? Especially when 3DS will be much more expensive e_e

From Nintendo's perspective, it does make sense as they would have another good title to feed their upcoming cash cow with. From a player's perspective, it is extremely annoying to have to buy a new game system. Some people, such as me, will also at least wait for the second iteration of the 3DS, that is, no GS soon!

I knew a lot of people think otherwise but I feel the sequel should better be released for the DS. Basically, by having developed Dark Dawn Camelot has the game engine ready to be used for another title. As with TLA, the sequel would be released much faster if they just picked the existing engine and did a new story and stuff. I am not a DS developer and thus I have no idea if they would have to port the engine to or completely rewrite it for the 3DS; at any rate, it would take longer for a new title to appear. I also don't see why they shouldn't release it for the DS:[*]The DS has already been sold widely, thus more potential buyers[*]The DS still has quite a few upcoming titles, e.g. Pokemon B/W to name the biggest of them[*]The 3DS has backward compatibilityPersonally, I'm hoping that the circulating rumour about the DD sequel for 3DS turns out to be false.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seeing the ending of DD, there just HAS to be a sequel.
I hope, that it's gonna be released for DS and not 3DS, but time will tell.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sheesh the game was just released.
It will be like a year tilll news on a sequel.
Ofcourse it would be on 3DS the 3DS is more powerful and DS is nearing the end of it's life.

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
FireGrey said:
Sheesh the game was just released.
It will be like a year tilll news on a sequel.
Ofcourse it would be on 3DS the 3DS is more powerful and DS is nearing the end of it's life.
I'm not even the only one who explained as to why that's far from the only possibility, like you make it seem.

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
I just finished the game yesterday -the end took me by surprise-, obviously there will be a sequel. I'm just praying that they're not "forcing us" to buy a 3DS.

P.S: Man! How dissapointed i felt with that "ending", it's was a total WTF plot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.