Hacking Golden Sun Dark Dawn on R4 SDHC

TheMightyShaka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, can anyone at all tell me how to get this running
Preferably in beginers language

I've looked at all the other threads, downloaded countless updates/firmwares etc

I've even accidently deleted all my other DS game data in blind desperation to get this game to work
Yes, that was a mistake on my part, not on following false/troll guides

But please, surely someone can help me?

Much appreciated

NejinOniwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seconding this very much. I have an R4sdhc and have tried various suggested solutions (so far without any loss of data though, due to careful execution), but haven't gotten anywhere past the black screens.

Some word of it would be nice.

New reports from the battlefield. I tried decrypting the wood 1.18 firmware and renaming it to a .nds file to use as a loader - the loader seems to work, and loads other games just fine (only tried Pokemon White/Black for now, but that seems to prove it's a problem for this game exclusively) but when booting GS:DD, I get the following error messages:
First, barely flashing by, it says in yellow font (thus the game part has been accessed and booted to some part at least) what I think is, "Game could not be initialized. Please turn off the power.", though it may also be the standard save-making message "Game is loading data/something. Please do not turn off the power" which seems a tad more likely seeing to the space it's taking up on the screen.
And then on top of that, which is the point where it all freezes, "Failed to write data. Turn off power and reinsert Game Card."

Anyone able to decrypt this little message and what it means to my endeavors?

NejinOniwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it was an Ultra I'd have said so, damnit, and I already tried YSMenu without avail. Gets stuck at white loading screen etc.

Anyone with brains/code around who can give me an answer to this?

NejinOniwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get things working after all.
----LINK REMOVED----
Grabbed the nice little YSMenu for R4SDHC here (though I am fairly sure mine is not exactly the same clone) and popped the TTMenu update on it, just like that. Did a clean format first, to not take any chances.

Now, I'm off for my return to Weyard. Cheerio!

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
NejinOniwa said:
Managed to get things working after all.
----LINK REMOVED----
Grabbed the nice little YSMenu for R4SDHC here (though I am fairly sure mine is not exactly the same clone) and popped the TTMenu update on it, just like that. Did a clean format first, to not take any chances.

Now, I'm off for my return to Weyard. Cheerio!
the link i gave you also gives you a TuT for that..
wink.gif

NejinOniwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not quite as focused and/or comprehensible, though.

Nevermind that, I've run into problems again; the classic "Transition limit" AP block. That is, once you've done a certain number of transitions the game crashes on you, giving one black and one white screen; in the save I have now that's 2 transitions away, meaning I can leave an area twice or enter a battle twice - upon exiting battle or area the second time (at my current state) things crash. Invariably.

Since this doesn't seem to be an error with YSMenu or TTMenu functionality on my card, it can only be a failure in the AP bypass code.

Does anyone have anything more to give me on this, before I give in and order a new flashcart?

Success at last! For the moment at least, but it seems likely this'll have it all fixed done and proper.

WOOD R4's problem on my previous setup was that it was unable to write the initial save file; what I did was to install WOOD 1.18 on my card and use the save created by YSM, renamed as .nds.sav - this seems to work properly, at least, and I get no crashes on transition.

Hope it'll keep up the work. -w-;

NO IT DOESN'T; Wood can't save. DAMNITALL.

So, my final solution would be:
->Start game and make a save file, shutdown and make copy of savefile as .nds.sav
PUT WOOD 1.18 AS A SECONDARY OS
->Boot GSDD through Wood and be happy.

Let's hope this lasts at least until I've cleared the game _W_;

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, umm...
I've been trying to play this game on my r4 since the day it came out in usa, but no luck so far. Can anybody help me??
I'm using the kernel v1.34 for original r4 (though I don't know if it's an oficial OS), the kernell came with an alternate OS, something called _R4_PANDORA (wich I think is the YSMenu). I've been able to play most games with those two OS, or I get a patch. But Golden Sun gives me a black screen in thr kernel OS after the .sav file is created, and the YSMenu gives an error when trying to load the file. I installed WoodR4 v1.18 as an alternate OS, but I get the same error as the guy eho posted above... I even tried the creating the .sav file and renaming it thing, bu it didn't work, I got the same error in WoorR4.

I'm sorry for the horribly long post, but I0m tired of running around in circles... I would really apreciate it if someone could help.

On another note... Anyone know how to run Alice In Wonderland?? I get an error to turn off the system when I load it with the WoodR4. Thnx in advance.

FusionDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r3g i have the same problem you have with r4 wood for sdhc and even that pandora thingy and whenever i run i either get a black screen load rom errcode= 1 =4 OR DLDI ERROR. Can SOmebody PLease HeLp US???????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol