Golden Sun Dark Dawn- 2 new gameplay trailers

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Amidst all the hype about the 3DS, we should not forget that the regular 'ol Nintendo DS is still alive and kicking. And lest we forget this fact, Nintendo has provided two new gameplay videos of Golden Sun Dark Dawn to remind us of this! One is in Japanese and one in English.

And of the Japanese version, which contains some different gameplay and new characters (spoiler tagged for space savings, not for actual spoilers)-

Golden Sun Dark Dawn takes place 30 years after the events of the original two Golden Sun games on GBA. You play as several of the children of the some of the original heroes. You may spot Isaac and Garet in the trailer, they apparently join your party for at least part of the game (apparently during the early stages of the story). You'll also see that Kraden the alchemist sage makes a return as well (though for some reason, he doesn't seem to have aged any despite already being a very old man in the original games, though maybe there's an explanation for this).

Golden Sun DS will be releasing October 28 in Japan as Ougon no Taiyou: Shikkokunaru Yoake. Then keep an eye on its US counterpart hitting next month on November 29. It's nice to see the game being released in both regions fairly close to one another. I wonder if the Japanese version even holds an English translation inside its data waiting to be unlocked? This is becoming more common lately, so perhaps, we'll see...

Oh one more thing, another villain has appeared via silhouette form. Wonder who it could be. *locks mouth shut*

tongue.gif

1yux4n.png
icon11.gif
Source 1
icon11.gif
Source 2
icon11.gif
Source 3

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very epic beard.
biggrin.gif

Here are a few character artworks for the hell of it-
Isaac, Kraden, and Eoleo-
img_robin.jpg
img_screta.jpg
img_leoleo.jpg

Eoleo was a little baby in Lost Age for those who don't recall. He is the son of the pirate named Briggs. Eoleo had psynergy powers in the game when very few people in the world had it. Looks like he's going to join the team and become a playable character this time, now that he's all grown up. Here are some more new ones-
img_stella.jpg
img_harumani.jpg
img_himi.jpg

Those last three appear to be new characters. Stella, Harumani, and Himi are what their profiles say. Stella looks like she might be a werewolf or something...

pythong85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait for this. I was already assuming that it would never come out, since the last time I heard about it was around March/April, and it could have been an April Fool's joke
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is going to be awesome!
gbasp.gif
*crams out old GS2 pwd*

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That jus HAS TO be Alex... If it's really him, I'm more than happy.
smile.gif
Want to battle him for bringing this over Weyard.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It surely is him. Compare the silhouette with his art from the first games, the hair matches almost perfectly, as does the cape-
alex.jpg
1yux4n.png
Also, look at the Japanese trailer at around 1:23, there is a blue haired masked character to the left of Spade (the Proxian-looking badass). That might be him...

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks fantastic! Very excited for this - and very pleased that the English language release is so close to the Japanese one. I loved the two GBA versions (especially the first GS - it was a much superior game), and have been looking forward to this ever since rumours of a GameCube version surfaced about six or seven years ago.

stanleyopar2000 said:
OMG HUGE AP.

It wouldn't surprise me - however, consider how quickly Pokemon Black and White's anti-piracy got circumvented.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, did you notice the brand new video at Amazon? I don't think it has been ever linked here.

Just click under the picture of the item on the right, "video".

And I think I probably know who's Garet now after seeing this one, but it's impossible! He can't be the guy with the dark brown hair and mustache, it totally doesn't look like him! Where's his red hair and fiery countenance??

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I can't wait. It's been seven painful years since The Lost Age came out. The Golden Sun games are still my favourite RPG series. I'm looking forward to this one. I hope it's region free (ie, no pointless DSi enhanced edition) so that I can import it from the US.

tehnoobshow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fel said:
Hey, did you notice the brand new video at Amazon? I don't think it has been ever linked here.

Just click under the picture of the item on the right, "video".

And I think I probably know who's Garet now after seeing this one, but it's impossible! He can't be the guy with the dark brown hair and mustache, it totally doesn't look like him! Where's his red hair and fiery countenance??
Me thinks that it is him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1