Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok don't go hop around i didnt know where to place it
but now here comes some questions and answers
recently i realized DIE R4 DIE I HATE YOU GAH!!!
so i thought of updating to a new flashcard
should i buy this one which i plan mostly ?
or another which has good quality not breaking up in a year or 3 flashcard without corruption or bricking chance ?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
ok don't go hop around i didnt know where to place it
but now here comes some questions and answers
recently i realized DIE R4 DIE I HATE YOU GAH!!!
so i thought of updating to a new flashcard
should i buy this one which i plan mostly ?
or another which has good quality not breaking up in a year or 3 flashcard without corruption or bricking chance ?
Well, the Supercard DS-One is for someone who just wants to get one for cheap, but cycloDS Evo is said to be the best, but I think SCDS1 is tougher, but the recent reports of PSRAM error is scaring me, I got a good one though!
biggrin.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you're looking for features at a nice price SC is the best choice. It's second only to Cyclo and costs $26 with shipping included. I got one of the older(3 month old) models which hadn't recieved the housing makeover. Those had no PSRAM errors at all. PSRAM error doesn't seem to be too common and fixes have worked for some. You can wait a while to see if things pipe down but I know a person who got theirs a week ago and have no issues with it.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with Searinox.

I own a SCSD1, one of the new design ones (two actually) and none of them have any problems whatsoever.

I love the RTS, but it can get buggy and/or crash if you save in the middle of a fast motion (i.e. switching menus, large animations)

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my SC, but there are 2 things that wind me up about it.

1) No Long filenames for saves. Pathetic that it's not been addressed in the years it's been out now, let's face it, it is just stupid.

2) Cheat name labels get cut off. Why can't they just let the writing scroll at least ? This makes the most powerfull cheat system out there too hard to use, with an unavoidable need to create your own cheats with very short abbreviated labels so the proper use can be got from the outstanding real-time cheat engine. So everyone just uses the DSTT/Y's sytem instaed. Again, just stupid isn't it ?

And these 2 annoyances never get fixed, I have been waiting so long now.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
1) No Long filenames for saves. Pathetic that it's not been addressed in the years it's been out now, let's face it, it is just

You can use long filenames. It's just somewhat difficult to get them to work, and from my understanding there's no real set of steps that's guaranteed to let it work. Using an uppercase .SAV for the extension has been known to help for some users. Perhaps the filesystem format plays a role as well.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok i got my mind set then
atleast the R4 is useful for one thing.
anoying education
sleep.gif

time to get a Supercard since i nearly got enough money by just a little homework
at the next weak i will have one ordered and one more question...
can i use my old kingston 1gb microSD from r4 on supercard ?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why not. It'll work better if it was made in Japan, but for the most part any microSD card will work fine on the SCDS except with a few specific problem games like Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool