Going To transfer wii nand to wii u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dominator211, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Hey guys I'm going to transfer my Wii NAND to my Wii u and the only reason that I'm doing this today is because my Wii is showing signs of age she still works great but it's shes 7 years old and I really don't want it to konk out on me because of old age ,so I need to move it to my Wii u. I have a few questions on this. I have a bunch of games I bought years back and some I used WAD manager to put on my Wii so if I do this system transfer will the games I bought be stuck on the sd card and what about the WAD manager games will this mess up the transfer process. I also have homebrewed and I have heard that the VWii on the Wii u is A LOT less redundant than the Wii system NAND, so I want to make sure I don't mess up the VWii partition. if any of you can tell me if any of the following things may be a risk ... Wad manager and games (putting them on NAND and sd card menu),playing Wii and eventually GameCube games off a hard drive. the last thing is playing Wii games online after shutdown via Wii MiFi-like Mario kart and other games. any responses will be appreciated.

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    LOL.. Wii is a she ? Why not refer this object as "it" ? I wonder why.. Why do they refer inanimate objects as "She" more than "he" ? I don't.

3. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I don't know its just how I refer to it

4. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    How dare you! If you were a true enthusiast you would call her a she!

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    LOL! :D:grog:

Wizardkoer likes this.
  6. Mrguggy10

Mrguggy10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    Kansas City, Missouri
    You can't "move your nand". This isn't the 3DS. If you wanted to install your wads you'd have to do a wii data transfer and it should install your vc games into the wii section of your wiiu.