Hardware Going to buy a n3ds.how do I transfer my emunand?

Awesomeslayerg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll be buying the n3ds very soon and wondering on how will I be able to transfer my 2ds emunand so I don't have to reinstall every game again?

evilpdor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
setup emunand on the new system try to perform system trasnfer... it should work. You only need to copy the Ninentdo 3ds directory to a new microsd card

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
setup emunand on the new system try to perform system trasnfer... it should work. You only need to copy the Ninentdo 3ds directory to a new microsd card

Won't work, the games are signed by the console unique id which means they will not work if they are connected to a different 3ds, saves are easy to backup and transfer. But if you want to try then download a emunand backup tool which will copy the emunand partition on your sd card which you can restore on the another sd card

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Copy your savefiles with JK's Save Manager. I did that for a friend who was migrating his 2DS to his new 3DS.

It was a pain in the arse because it took way too long to do so.

Also, install arm9loaderhax (a9lh) on your new 3DS. The process is much easier now, and much safer (you inject a ready made nand to the system, get your OTP, and inject your original nand back, and set up Luma3DS).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: