Going to buy a n3ds.how do I transfer my emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Awesomeslayerg, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Awesomeslayerg
    OP

Awesomeslayerg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    United States
    So I'll be buying the n3ds very soon and wondering on how will I be able to transfer my 2ds emunand so I don't have to reinstall every game again?

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    You don't. It's not possible.
    Copy the saves with savedatafiler and that is as much as you can do.

3. evilpdor

evilpdor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Italy
    setup emunand on the new system try to perform system trasnfer... it should work. You only need to copy the Ninentdo 3ds directory to a new microsd card

4. Thaulos

Thaulos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Bedfordshire
    Won't work, the games are signed by the console unique id which means they will not work if they are connected to a different 3ds, saves are easy to backup and transfer. But if you want to try then download a emunand backup tool which will copy the emunand partition on your sd card which you can restore on the another sd card

5. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Copy your savefiles with JK's Save Manager. I did that for a friend who was migrating his 2DS to his new 3DS.

It was a pain in the arse because it took way too long to do so.

Also, install arm9loaderhax (a9lh) on your new 3DS. The process is much easier now, and much safer (you inject a ready made nand to the system, get your OTP, and inject your original nand back, and set up Luma3DS).