Hacking Going to attempt to put a9lh+luma on my new 3ds xl pikachu edition 11.2

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the 3ds.guide and you'll be fine. Download the files as you go through. If you download everything first, to avoid misplacing files. Also, be sure to have a torrent client. I use utorrent. Also, also, read the guide a few time BEFORE you start. There are a lot of steps for this process.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it! Yes! I had no problems whatsoever. I'm currently on 11.2 with arm9loaderhax+luma. :)

Now comes the next part: system transfer. Both my old 3ds and new 3ds are on custom firmware now. I'm guessing I have to update both to 11.3 before the transfer will even work? I know only legit stuff will be transferred. Is this even safe to do? I'm backing up both systems nands just in case.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I did it! Yes! I had no problems whatsoever. I'm currently on 11.2 with arm9loaderhax+luma. :)

Now comes the next part: system transfer. Both my old 3ds and new 3ds are on custom firmware now. I'm guessing I have to update both to 11.3 before the transfer will even work? I know only legit stuff will be transferred. Is this even safe to do? I'm backing up both systems nands just in case.

It's safe. You don't need a backup. You don't need to update either if you use ctr-httpwn.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the transfer. As expected only the legit stuff was sent over. So I had to reinstall most of my cias. I also restored the nand backup to the old source system. Everything seems to be working properly. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I did the transfer. As expected only the legit stuff was sent over. So I had to reinstall most of my cias. I also restored the nand backup to the old source system. Everything seems to be working properly. :)
Make sure you don't go online on both consoles at once, unless you format one of them (they'll have the same device id since you restored the pre-transfer NAND backup).

Reactions: Bryon15

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Make sure you don't go online on both consoles at once, unless you format one of them (they'll have the same device id since you restored the pre-transfer NAND backup).
I actually want to know what would happen if someone did that. I don't have any systems laying around to test that on since I scrapped my 2DS

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They get banned. I think it has happened before and been reported.
Glad I didn't test it with my own systems. I thought it would happen and thus deleted my own NAND backup for my old3DS, in the risks that I would actually test it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay