Hacking Going through jailbreaking my Pro, have a few questions about permanence of payloads

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all, pardon for these questions but I looked, cant find info on this.

So I know HEN has to be re-done every time you power cycle.

But a browser enabled is permanent.

What about these other payloads like Disable Updates, is it permanent until you run Enable Updates even through power cycles? Also, this payload prevents the console from updating no matter what right?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, pardon for these questions but I looked, cant find info on this.

So I know HEN has to be re-done every time you power cycle.

But a browser enabled is permanent.

What about these other payloads like Disable Updates, is it permanent until you run Enable Updates even through power cycles? Also, this payload prevents the console from updating no matter what right?

Only browser and update blocker are permanent.

Browser alters a registry entry, blocker inserts a file to prevent update being able to install.

Spoofer again edits a version string (somewhere: havent looked into it), prevents updates and is in some payloads: permanent.

All others (HEN, mods, etc) are memory based and dont survive coldboot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Edit: I still wonder if its possible to cache web pages somehow, or use data URI's to hold exploits within the system.

No one ever actually made the BDJ example past POC theory afaik either, that could be useful for cost of just one burnt Bluray disc.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: ps4temp

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There isn't a "permanent" jailbreak for the PS4. Not yet anyway. You have to run the exploit again at every boot (but only if you shut it down/unplug it; sleep mode keeps it).

I wouldn't trust that "preventing updates" payload. Best would be just to keep it offline.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There isn't a "permanent" jailbreak for the PS4. Not yet anyway. You have to run the exploit again at every boot (but only if you shut it down/unplug it; sleep mode keeps it).

I wouldn't trust that "preventing updates" payload. Best would be just to keep it offline.

Yeah I blocked Its MAC address on Tomato so that it can never reach past the router, and hosting the exploit on my router so that I can leave it plugged in still. Works great... except I wish PS4 browser had option to remember passwords for sites :/

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I would trust it instead as quite a few people were stuck on FW 4.05 when they tried to upgrade to FW 4.55 and cried for help... ^__~

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can 4.55 do what 4.05 could do or perhaps more? I haven't updated yet, but I plan to at some point. I'm still on 4.07, and I'm wondering if I should wait on that in case a full blown exploit is found or to just update.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can 4.55 do what 4.05 could do or perhaps more? I haven't updated yet, but I plan to at some point. I'm still on 4.07, and I'm wondering if I should wait on that in case a full blown exploit is found or to just update.

4.55 has boost mode for pro IIRC.

Interms of HEN its a little less stable, but being a higher FW more games work.

Reactions: godreborn

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Interms of HEN its a little less stable, but being a higher FW more games work.

I didn't found a single report of a title that works on FW 4.55 but doesn't on FW 4.05, I mean, I would be interested to know if there's one for testing purposes... (not that I've really time for it to be honest)

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just meant without fiddling and patching 4.55 games to work on 4.05.

Even without patching the title (I think repackaging would suffice), to avoid the "Required System Software Version" once an for all, you can apply the spoof to the HEN, it's a single line that modify a value in RAM, I have the location written somewhere. Also there are ready available HENs (for example the "VR enable" HEN) that spoof the installed system software version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: