Hacking Going Straight to 3DS , whats the best flash cart to get ?

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I lost my ds lite and cylco ds which i had been using for god knows how long so instead of getting a dsi i thought why not get the 3ds , so my question is what cart would be best based on the 3ds. I guess that would mean the dsi part of the carts would be rendered useless since i'm going straight to the 3ds, ive been looking around the forum and saw the supercard two is really good but would that be good if I need it just to play my backups on the 3DS ? I dont mind paying for legit 3DS games when they come out but i do want to continue my backups on the Nintendo 3DS

Ive used the Cylco DS evolution before as well as EzFlash 4 and 5 so i do have some background in flashcarts

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I would say your on the right track. Supercard dstwo would be my pick It's my favorite card and It is supported on the 3ds. Could also go with new Cycloievolution If you wanted to but I don't have one of those so I'd just be going on what I have heard about It. How long all the current flashcards work on the 3ds remains a mystery.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No cart plays 3DS games and we don't know if any of the current ones will be able to.

Acekard.com reports the latest Acekard 2i units come with the latest firmware (for the 3DS) already applied, and the standalone update should be released soon. Other than that, all the other carts will need to be run on a DS/Lite or DSi/XL to apply the 3DS update before they will work on the 3DS.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CycloDS iEvo
SuperCard DSTwo
AceKard 2i

Make your pick from those. iEvo has DSi mode, DSTwo has a processor and the AK2i is cheap with good compatibility.

-Qtis

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm i never even knew the acekard was an option actually, would i really need the dsi features for the 3ds I think what i'm honestly looking for is a flashcart that lets me play regular DS, i dont think any flash carts currently even have a chance to play 3DS games right?

I was thinking the cyclo would be left out bc i wouldnt need dsi mode for a 3ds right ?

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the advice, think I'm gonna grab the supercard DSTWO - couple of quick questions first though - is it likely that a 3DS flash cart will come out anytime soon? Is it possible for the supercard DSTWO to be permenantly blocked by a software update (I'm guessing you'll just be able to re-flash it if it's blocked)?

*EDIT* One extra one: where's a legit/cheap place I can buy the supercard DSTWO (I'm UK based)? Cheers

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - We don't know. Nobody knows jack shit about 3DS hacking yet, and it's unlikely we'll know a lot for a while. The DS is fully hacked, but it came out in 2004. Shit doesn't get hacked overnight.

2 - Considering the security we've seen thus far is just an update to the DSi's type of security, it's unlikely that flash carts will be able to remain blocked, as firmware updates should fix them.

3 - http://shoptemp.net/

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply

1. I totally appreciate that, I just haven't been following the scene since I purchased my M3 Real and was wondering what the current state of affairs was, I know the 3DS has been out for a while in Japan and this whole topic was started based on the fact that there are cards out there claiming to be able to run 3DS software

2. Cheers, perfect

3. Thanks again, I'll go for: http://www.cheapr4i.com/supercard-dstwo-fo...very-p-200.html then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse