1. vendettared

OP vendettared Member
    Newcomer

I wish to connect my switch (while on emunand) to my wifi router so I can use the Moonlight to stream PC games on switch. Thing is, I've been using SXOS for more than a year without ever
    going online (airplane mode and no wifi connections) but since its necessary to connect to my router to use Moonlight, I need to use wifi.

So basically I have two questions;
    1. Is the stealth mode of SXOS sufficient to prevent me from completely connecting to Nintendo servers, thus preventing a ban? I dont plan on going online on any of the games on emunand, I just want to use Moonlight)

2. If I am safe, can I play XCI games (without playing online) on emunand while the wifi is on? (I ask this because leaving the wifi on would be convenient since if i cant use wifi while playing xci games, I have to delete the wifi connection before proceeding to play on emunand. Going airplane mode will not be an option then because I mostly play dock and need to use joycons wirelessly)

2. Terrorize420

Terrorize420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I dont use emunand but sx stealth mode stops nintendo servers from connecting to the switch while still allowing internet. So you can use the youtube app and download home brew from your switch and use FTP etc. but i dont know if it works in emunand might want to wait for someone who uses it to confirm.

vendettared likes this.
  3. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Ive used stealth mode on my sxos emunand. It blocks the Nintendo servers correctly.

vendettared likes this.
  4. vendettared

OP vendettared Member
    Newcomer

Thanks for the confirmation!

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Try playing your xci backups with stealth mode off and your internet connected this will give you your answers!

6. Terrorize420

Terrorize420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i played like that for a year and my account still isn't banned also not sure what that has to do with this thread considering its about using stealth mode

7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Stealth mode has no affect on your wifi connection. Its basically a built in incognito to prevent anything Nintendo services related to work on your Switch. So yes you can stream or FTP with stealth mode. Disabling it puts your Switch at risk if its on the latest FW.

8. Reecey

What I am getting at is, if he turns stealth mode off anyway with the internet connected he wont be able to play any of his xci backups because nintendo runs a layered check on every game and they freeze so his only option is to play xci backups with stealth mode on!

9. Terrorize420

Terrorize420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Didn’t know nintendo freezes games thats funny.

10. Reecey

Obviously not! It’s a security check Nintendo implemented in 9x firmware so it knows your playing a legit bought title not a backup or an nsp that has been pirated. The security checks every game on boot up but if you’re stealth mode is on the check cannot get through and the game will run but will not connect to Nintendo’s servers so the online side will not work, if stealth mode is turned off and your WiFi is connected the check will get through your backup will not verify and it will just freeze at some point within the game..

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 8, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - homebrew), Stealth, online