Going Online with an Out of Region Console/Game?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bobtheglob101, Feb 1, 2015.

1. bobtheglob101
    OP

bobtheglob101 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Apologizes if this has been answered several times beforehand, but I could not get any clear information about it. Say I have a JAP n3DS and whenever GW releases 9.2 support for it will I be able to use my US dumped .3dz files (with headers) and play online on the JAP 3DS? I've heard a strange license agreement popup appears if you try to do something like this, but I'd like some clarification, thanks!

2. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    You can! B) That's what I'm doing too!

Margen67 likes this.
  3. bobtheglob101
    OP

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Source? I've been hearing a lot of mixed things everywhere :/

4. Thirty3Three

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    TheThere's reason it wouldn't work. Also gateway supports region free. I've been playing a Japanese game online on my USA 3DS. It doesn't exactly need a source.

Margen67 and bobtheglob101 like this.
  5. Thirty3Three

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    It's not a license agreement, but it's the parental lock.

6. bobtheglob101
    OP

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    I'm looking at a thread over at Maxconsole (don't know if I can post a link, google Gateway 3DS online region). Is that the one you're talking about?
    Thanks. Seeing you're able to play a JP region game online in a US console I'm sure it will work the other way as well :)

7. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I'm able to play the Eur demo of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate online on my USA 3DS. As the above user said, Gateway is regionfree and You should have no issues. As long as it's not a Sky3DS

8. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Do you use cia or 3dz? I've tried to play the demo on my JP 3DS and no matter what, I get error 003-0399 despite having confirmed the online agreement etc.

9. bobtheglob101
    OP

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I know this thread is old, but now that N3DS GW support is out I tried going online with my US games on a JPN N3DS and a license agreement did indeed pop up. Regardless if you accept it or not the game thinks you declined it and refuses to go online. Anybody have a fix for this?

10. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Perhaps you should try going online with a Japanese have first and accept the license there. It is just a theory, but perhaps if you agree using an in region game it will not ask for further agreements.

11. bobtheglob101
    OP

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    I've accepted the agreement on a Japanese ROM and it connected fine but the US games still don't want to connect and still want me to agree to terms I can't even accept :(

12. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    I vaguely remember reading that you can use the Config program from Nintendo's SDK tools to set the user agreement value to ff.ff. It should work after that.

bobtheglob101 likes this.
  13. bobtheglob101
    OP

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Thanks, that actually worked! I really thought I'd be stuck offline for all my US games

Zap Rowsdower likes this.
  14. Booga

Booga Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Senegal
    I'm quite new to this. Any guide on how do I do this? I have the config.cia file but I'm not sure what to do with it and how to set the value to ff.ff.

Can someone help out? PM me if required.

15. Adhun

Adhun Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2015
    Hello, Currently i also am stuck on the 0399 error code in the terms agreement, i know that the solution is the config.cia, and find the EULA.

But my problem is, all the config.cia found in the sdk rar file all says invalid import, i cannot seem to find a working config.cia, and i tried renaming the csu to 3ds, and doesnt work also.

can someone pm me the link for the working config.cia, Please?

Thank you