Hacking Going online on a hacked ps4

Ceuse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, i feel bad for making a new thread about this but since there isnt a general noob questions threat here sadly i sont know how else to ask.

Just got my ps4 pro, hacked it with ps4-exploit-host hen and installed a preaktivated profile.

I saw that there is a button : disable updates and was wondering, is that tethered aswell (i.e needs to be pushed every reboot like hen) or does it stay after activating it once.

If its permament i am wondering : can you go online after that relativly safely or are there more risks (assuming you use a public dns which blocks the sony servers)

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's permanent because it modifies the update folder on the system so it cannot update (ps4 needs the update on that folder before it can install it iirc)

And no, since you can only hack PS4 on firmware <5.05 you cannot go online at all without it asking to update

Ceuse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's permanent because it modifies the update folder on the system so it cannot update (ps4 needs the update on that folder before it can install it iirc)

And no, since you can only hack PS4 on firmware <5.05 you cannot go online at all without it asking to update
Eventhough you block sony servers/use one of the public ps4 exploit dns servers? I dont mean online for games (should have mentioned that) more for stuff like youtube, etc.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Define risks.

Media applications (Youtube, Netflix, CrunchyRoll...) need to be patched/packed properly to avoid logging to PSN (impossible on FWs other than current stable) tho.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know, but I wouldn't care, also that PS4 is collecting dust.

That console is not activated and to the best of my knowledge it can't contact Sony servers (blacklisted URLs using a DNS "proxy"), ignoring the fact that on FW 5.05 isn't possible to log in to PSN.

Reactions: KiiWii

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There must be a way to go back to unjailbroken mode then back to jailbroken.

Err... have you tried to turning it OFF and ON again?

To exploit your console you need to be on FW 5.05 or lower, so no way to log in on PSN on a FW lower than current Sony's stable.

Do you mean flashing a FW version of your choice? If it's similar on how it's done on the PS3, you'd need a flash reader/writer, probably you'd need to desolder the EEPROM, I'm pretty sure you'd need the consoleid and yeah, encryption keys.

Reactions: KiiWii

fawal_1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I was always wondering if there was anything like completely banning your PS4. Like Sony bricking it. It can't be used for anything, not just online access ban.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was always wondering if there was anything like completely banning your PS4. Like Sony bricking it. It can't be used for anything, not just online access ban.

Luckily we don’t have any proof of Sony banning anyone yet, but I do expect it to happen.

It’s against any moral and legal sensibilities for Sony to detect and purposefully brick a consumers console, the legal repercussions would be damaging to them beyond all repair.

The system they could deploy is an account/console ban to restrict services on that console. Imho thats fair enough.
Anything more would be a piss take.

Reactions: fawal_1997

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool