Going nuts trying to figure out a song...

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this song in my head but I can't remember the name of it at all or who sings it... so I've been trying to google it with no success. Found a bunch of other songs, but not it...

It goes something like "doo dooo do do dooo doooo doo....." for a while at the beginning, at a slow pace. It's sung by a woman, and I remember it was on the radio a lot in '96. The main song might have "and she was..." in it, but I'm not sure on that part.

It's not "Tom's Diner", which comes up most often in google.... any suggestions?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think there are sites on the internet that let you "sing" or something like 5-10 seconds of a song and then it will give you suggestions.

*looking*

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Taylor Swift - Lucky You ?
Taylor Swift is a teenager, lol, no way it was sung by her in 1996!

When you say "doo doo dooo dooo doo dooo doo", I think of Otis Redding and Dock of the Bay...

Can you give us any other hints?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joe88 : Thanks, but it's a slower pace and more of an accoustic like feel.

@Bortz: Have to try that sometime. My mic is at home right now, I'll have to grab it next weekend:)

Edit: As for any other hints.... hmmmz. I really only remember the beginning part and that possible fragment in the rest of it. Which is what makes it so frustrating.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i tried a few popular songs (iron man) and it got them right on. But some not so radio friendly songs gave me some trouble.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Garbage - Milk ?
Had a look on a few old chart CD's laying around here, how certain are you of the year?

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not record a bit of you singing what you know then upload it? virtually impossible to get song from various length 'do's
good for a laugh whilst people try and help
smile.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
It's not "Tom's Diner", which comes up most often in google.... any suggestions?
"...and instead I pour the milk"

The Suzanne Vega version of Tom's Diner definitely would have been my first guess, but I guess it doesn't really match up to your "doo doo" pattern.

lol. Doo doo pattern.

One thing you could clarify for me: Is the singer actually saying "doo" or is that just your melody? Are you sure the song starts with the "doo" part?

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i hate it when this this happens to me. if you ever hear the song again try and use a program called Tunatic to tell you what it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.