Going Nuts, Need A New Platforming Game

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ViRGE, Jul 11, 2007.

Jul 11, 2007
  1. ViRGE
    OP

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

I have finished my pile of unplayed DS games and now I'm have a strong desire to play another platformer. I've already finished the usual suspects(Mario Bros, Sonic, Yoshi, both Castlevanias, both Kirbys, and MegaMan ZX), does anyone out there have any recommendations for other good platforming games that I should try?

2. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    kirby squead squad was alright.. though pretty standard.
    kirby canvas curse is another good one... not much else really, maybe check out snemulDS and some of the classic SNES platformers?

3. Maverick-jin8

Member Maverick-jin8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, if you wait a few days (hopefully tomorrow) Rockman ZX Advent comes out.

4. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Megaman ZX, I still havent beat it. But thats cuz I stopped playing and then tried to play again and I sucked at it.

5. ViRGE
    OP

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Unfortunately I've played all of the above, and as for Rockman ZX Advant, I can't read Japanese so I'll have to wait for the American release. But thanks so far for the recommendations. It just seems like there aren't a lot of good platformers out for a system that's nearly 3 years old now.

6. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

play viewful joe, never played it but heard its good

I am currently playing Jump! Ultimate Stars, Wario Touched and Megaman ZX. All of these are really great games.

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Chronos Twin is out this week, that looks good. Cookie & Cream is quite enjoyable. New Zealand Story is great if you can get past the iffy mini games. Super Princess Peach is pretty good too. Viewtiful Joe us very good but I wouldn't call it a platformer. I would recomend Legend of Starfy 4 but it is all in Japanese.

A lot of people like Garfields Nightmare, Ratatouille and Over The Hedge. They also good decent reviews but I fount them to be a bit average.

Theres some more due out later in the year that look good.

8. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Seconded [​IMG] (usually called a mangled translation title of "Densetsu no Stafi 4"). The first 3 were brilliant, and I just started this one last week. Well cute, gets harder as it goes on and it's funnier when you make up your own dialouge; that intro sequence is just plain wrong I tell you!!! Shocking behavior [​IMG]