Hacking Going from ReiNand to AuReiNand

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuReiNand supports A9LH, as well as many other features such as o3ds and n3ds support, firm 0-1 protection (no accidental upgrades that will break cfw access) and region free.
ReiNand supports all of those as well BTW. ARN tries to be a feature-rich CFW )i.e. built-in boot manager, gba/dsi patches, configuration menu, etc), while rei tries to be a minimalist n3ds-focused CFW.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
ReiNand supports all of those as well BTW. ARN tries to be a feature-rich CFW )i.e. built-in boot manager, gba/dsi patches, configuration menu, etc), while rei tries to be a minimalist n3ds-focused CFW.
Reinand doesn't patch the firms (protection) nor does it work on o3ds?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used Reinand before changing to AuReiNand and I decided to start from scratch. It's a little longer that way, but I think it's safer.
Start from scratch just to change CFW? That's just plain stupid extra work and absolutely not necessary.

Delete \rei and reinand.dat, put \aurei and aureinand.dat on your microsd, change your Bootmanager to boot aureinand.dat and done.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Start from scratch just to change CFW? That's just plain stupid extra work and absolutely not necessary.

Delete \rei and reinand.dat, put \aurei and aureinand.dat on your microsd, change your Bootmanager to boot aureinand.dat and done.
I respect your opinion, but I don't give a damn. :D

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Damn, my bad. I was totally under the impression that we're talking about arm9loaderhax and then AuReiNand. No wonder I looked so damn stupid.

iceedge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just to recap. I'm not sure where to start in this guide because it mentions go to part 4 but it requires changing menuhax to type 1, then set the trigger to d-pad down. Since I don't have menuhax, am I basically starting from the beginning?

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, just to recap. I'm not sure where to start in this guide because it mentions go to part 4 but it requires changing menuhax to type 1, then set the trigger to d-pad down. Since I don't have menuhax, am I basically starting from the beginning?
You should. Sorry, I was under the assumption that you had menuhax already. Feel free to skip parts you've already done though

iceedge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should. Sorry, I was under the assumption that you had menuhax already. Feel free to skip parts you've already done though

Cool. By the way, I had it set up so that I boot ReiNand by accessing the DS Profile, then pressing Start. Will this go away when I delete the files or do I need to delete a title or mess with the NAND at all?

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. By the way, I had it set up so that I boot ReiNand by accessing the DS Profile, then pressing Start. Will this go away when I delete the files or do I need to delete a title or mess with the NAND at all?
I believe a9lh breaks the ds profile exploit (as in you can't boot a payload, as you will crash your 3ds), but why would you want to boot ReiNand if you have aureinand anyway?

iceedge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe a9lh breaks the ds profile exploit (as in you can't boot a payload, as you will crash your 3ds), but why would you want to boot ReiNand if you have aureinand anyway?

I don't. I was actually hoping that following this guide would disable that exploit. I was just wondering if there was anything else I needed to do.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't. I was actually hoping that following this guide would disable that exploit. I was just wondering if there was anything else I needed to do.
Nope. If you follow the guide, you will have set up aureinand and it will launch at boot, rendering the ds profile exploit useless. You can also update your sysnand to 10.7, which will remove the exploit automatically.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

No, assuming you go with a9lh and use updated sysnand mode (which I highly recommend if you want to take advantage of the DSiware and GBA support) then it will get deleted when you finally update to 10.7. Just be sure AuReiNand is running before you update to 10.7, I suggest you turn on the "Show current NAND in System Settings" option, then it will show up as "Sys 9.2" or "Sys 10.7" instead of "ver 9.2" or "ver 10.7" in the system settings screen.

iceedge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, assuming you go with a9lh and use updated sysnand mode (which I highly recommend if you want to take advantage of the DSiware and GBA support) then it will get deleted when you finally update to 10.7. Just be sure AuReiNand is running before you update to 10.7, I suggest you turn on the "Show current NAND in System Settings" option, then it will show up as "Sys 9.2" or "Sys 10.7" instead of "ver 9.2" or "ver 10.7" in the system settings screen.

Nice. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to backup all my saves before starting this process :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1