Going from Luma3ds EmuNAND to A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Scoreless Pine, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Scoreless Pine
    OP

Scoreless Pine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Can somebody link me to a guide that tells me what I need to do to install A9LH after already going through the process of downgrading sysNAND to 9.2 and using menuhax to autoboot Luma3ds? I got emuNAND a while ago but I think I am ready to make the switch to A9LH and I had heard that it runs on sysNAND, so I don't know from what point in the guide I need to start, and I've heard conflicting methods of getting emuNAND back to sysNAND, so it would be easier if there was already a guide by somebody who was in this situation. Thanks for the help!

2. greenDarkness555

greenDarkness555 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
  3. Scoreless Pine
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Yes, I was looking at that guide too, but that doesn't answer from what point in the guide i need to start and what I need to do to get my emuNAND back on sysNAND.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And another question that I have is, what is this ShadowNAND that I'm seeing here on gbatemp? It seems like A9LH but better because no SD is required to load CFW, how would one go about installing that and how much better is it that A9LH?

4. greenDarkness555

greenDarkness555 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
  5. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    You didn't read the first page I'd click: get started. Quote:
    I don't know a lot about shadownand but I think it's CFW where A9LH is an entry point like menuhax.

6. Scoreless Pine
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Okay, I didn't see that on the Get Started page when I first read through it. One thing though, at step 1 of part 4, he says "
    1. Right now is a good time to use a save manager to backup any saves you care about (do steps 10 - 18 then install the hblauncher_loader CIA) (just in case something goes wrong unexpectedly)"
    Why would I have to do that, does installing A9LH delete game saves for some reason?

7. Lia

Lia is this the real life

Jan 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    humanity is fucked

Last edited by Lia, Jul 5, 2016
  8. Kyojin

Kyojin #include "brain.h"

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    No. A9LH doesn't touch anything related to save files or installed games, it's basically just an entry point. As he says, it's "just in case something goes wrong unexpectedly". Shouldn't be needed unless you delete the "/Nintendo 3DS" folder and its contents or format the wrong NAND.

9. Scoreless Pine
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Okay, thanks for that. On the topic of nands though, at what point in the guide do i need to transfer my emunand back to sysnand?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Never mind, read part 5 again, im blind as a fuckin' bat today apparently.

10. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    I recommend you to use another SD card and follow the guide with a fresh clean redNAND and empty sd card, we don't want a black screen or bricked/incomplete downgrade to 2.x

After having A9LH installed
    Uncheck AutoBoot to sysNAND from Luma configuration and insert your old sd card to boot up your emuNAND