Hacking Going from EmuNAND to A9LH

Scott Pilgrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just switched from my EmuNAND to A9LH and I have to say that it seems to be worth the risk. The problem is that the guide that I followed used the SysNAND to create the RedNAND, what is useless for me because I formatted the SysNAND back when I unlinked the EmuNAND.
So... Long story short, all my data was in my EmuNAND and I want it on my A9LH (yes, I had a emuNAND backup that I made before changing to A9LH). How can I do this?

(It was a New 3DS 10.7 emuNAND with ReiNAND, now is a New 3DS 10.7 A9LH with AuReiNAND)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you follow the guide, one step should be to backup your current sysnand och current emunand. Once you gotten your OTP after downgrade etc.
Then you restore back your original sysnand and emunand.

Then you will load your Emunand with A9LH if you wish. Or inject your emunand to your sysnand and load that with A9LH. The options are more or less endless!

Scott Pilgrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you follow the guide, one step should be to backup your current sysnand och current emunand. Once you gotten your OTP after downgrade etc.
Then you restore back your original sysnand and emunand.

Then you will load your Emunand with A9LH if you wish. Or inject your emunand to your sysnand and load that with A9LH. The options are more or less endless!

Thanks for replying that fast! I'm not sure if I made an EmuNAND backup before creating the RedNAND, I will check it at home later.
So now that I already have A9LH installed, what do you recomend me to do (which option should I try to achieve) and how I can do it? I'm just a noob in everything related to A9LH :wacko:

EDIT: Nope, the guide I used didn't have a step that was to backup the EmuNAND itself, but I have a backup of all the files that were on my SD. That counts? :unsure:

Last edited by Scott Pilgrim,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
EDIT: Nope, the guide I used didn't have a step that was to backup the EmuNAND itself, but I have a backup of all the files that were on my SD. That counts? :unsure:
Then sorry, I'm not 100% sure. You do have the files if you installed them to your SD Card (CIAs) but I'm not sure how the system can read them or not.

My best guess is that they're gone. I hope another friendly soul can answer this better than I can.

Scott Pilgrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then sorry, I'm not 100% sure. You do have the files if you installed them to your SD Card (CIAs) but I'm not sure how the system can read them or not.

My best guess is that they're gone. I hope another friendly soul can answer this better than I can.

But I have an old backup of the EmuNAND, that's enough to read the data of the SD, I guess?

The real problem is that I don't know what I have to do with that backup. Is it safe to inject this emunand into the sysnand with A9LH? How can I do that?

Thanks!

Scott Pilgrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, dump all emuNAND partitions except FIRMs, then inject them one by one into sysNAND.

That seems to be the solution I was looking for. Anything special that I should do or just having the file with the backup of the old EmuNAND in the root of the SD is enough to dump all the files?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
That seems to be the solution I was looking for. Anything special that I should do or just having the file with the backup of the old EmuNAND in the root of the SD is enough to dump all the files?
There are only like 4 partitions you need to dump, it's not that bad :P

That being said, I'm pretty sure the latest release of d9 includes a way to dump emunand and restore it to sysnand without losing arm9loaderhax. If I were you I'd just be safe and dump and inject the 4 partitions manually.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are only like 4 partitions you need to dump, it's not that bad :P

That being said, I'm pretty sure the latest release of d9 includes a way to dump emunand and restore it to sysnand without losing arm9loaderhax. If I were you I'd just be safe and dump and inject the 4 partitions manually.
You only need ctr nand for the base nand.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will make you unable to play DS games (need to also copy TWLN and TWLP) and will potentially lose all your GBA saves (need AGB_SAVES). TWLN and TWLP are required. AGB_SAVES is optional but doesn't hurt.
Oh fun... BTW, if you move AGB_SAVES over, it nukes all of your saves (it did with me).

Scott Pilgrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh fun... BTW, if you move AGB_SAVES over, it nukes all of your saves (it did with me).

Well, I was lucky because I came with the idea of saving all my game progress with JK's Save Manager. What I'm missing are Streetpass plaza and all the hours that my activity log had.

Another question, if my A9LH is in 10.7, how can I create an EmuNAND partition to inject my backup? I have to downgrade to 9.2 AGAIN? :shit:

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was lucky because I came with the idea of saving all my game progress with JK's Save Manager. What I'm missing are Streetpass plaza and all the hours that my activity log had.

Another question, if my A9LH is in 10.7, how can I create an EmuNAND partition to inject my backup? I have to downgrade to 9.2 AGAIN? :shit:
If you have a9lh you can just set up Emunand9 as an a9lh payload and launch it that way.

Scott Pilgrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh you can just set up Emunand9 as an a9lh payload and launch it that way.
Sorry for not logging in lately, I have exams in 15 days and I don't have too much free time
I'm currently creating an EmuNAND with EmuNAND9 and I will dump my last EmuNAND backup to it when it finishes. I'm going to dump AGB_SAVES too, the only GBA games that I had were the ones of the Ambassador Program, so having them back will be amazing.
I know it is a little off-topic but, there is any program that modifies the data of the activity log? I played at least 100 hours between the time I made the last EmuNAND backup and now and if they can appear next to the old ones I swear I will leave this thread alone forever

EDIT: It doesn't recognise the backup, it was created with the Gateway app (SysNAND is now in 10.7 so I can't open it). Any suggestions? I have to go back to my 9.2 SysNAND backup? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1