Hacking going from atmosphere 0.8.4 to 0.8.6

teethmarks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i copied the files in the 0.8.6 archive to my sd and overwrote the files with conflicts. however now it will not boot to cfw. anyone know why? thanks in advance.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i copied the files in the 0.8.6 archive to my sd and overwrote the files with conflicts. however now it will not boot to cfw. anyone know why? thanks in advance.
You should always delete all traces of Atmosphere from your SD card before updating. Did you try that? Are you using the latest version of fusee?

Reactions: teethmarks

teethmarks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i removed traces of atmosphere and did a kosmos sd card build. now after pushing hekate payload, hekate screen is there for like 10 seconds then just disappears back to rcm, without any input. i have no idea what is going on or how this is even possible.

edit: battery dead

Last edited by teethmarks,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Make sure you delete payload.bin from /sept folder if you're using kosmos(hekate) to launch atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

teethmarks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is no hekate ini and no cfw entries under launch. Fusee primary works I suppose that will do for now. Why does sdcard build not include a proper ini?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just updated to 0.8.6

• moved the atmosphere, sept & switch directories & hbmenu.nro file into a directory called "old"
  • extracted the latest atmosphere zip to the root of the sdcard.
  • extracted 2.0.0-7.0.1.zip over the top.
  • moved some homebrew from the old\switch directory to the \switch directory.
  • flashed the fusee-primary.bin to my dongle.
Works a treat. I don't have any ini files or anything other than the default. I don't use hekate or kosmos anymore

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is no hekate ini and no cfw entries under launch. Fusee primary works I suppose that will do for now. Why does sdcard build not include a proper ini?
I think you are supposed to use fusee-primary.bin as Hekate lacks 7.x support (maybe that has changed but Kosmos still needs to update to support that)

teethmarks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
everything being said makes sense and works as intended in retrospect. i think having a low battery added some confusion or maybe hekate was just kicking back to rcm, dunno. in the end everything is working properly and will stick to fusee primary. got a little concerned there as i didnt feel like i needed to backup my sdcard for updating atmosphere. bit of panic when things werent working as intended. all good though.

thanks to everyone for your help.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
got a little concerned there as i didnt feel like i needed to backup my sdcard for updating atmosphere.

I'm not sure you do. I move the folders and re-extract so that there aren't stray files left over that are no longer being used (I think there have been a few times when things have been moved or renamed). If you don't care about that then you could probably just overwrite and not worry when updating from one atmosphere version to the next.

My method helps if it goes wrong as you can just move the folders back though.

If you're switching from Kosmos then it's probably better to move those folders out though, because they'll certainly be a load of stuff left over that is no longer used.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: