Question Going from 7.0.1 to 4.1.0 Clean Nand, Steps to get there?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ScarletDreamz, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:24 PM.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Ok, first things first:

I used to have a nand backup for my 4.1.0 days, the cleanest of the cleanest nand, welp, cant seem to find it on my drives so, lets assume its gone forever.

Currently, I;m on 7.0.1, but got only 5 burnt fuses, which tells me i can go back to 4.0.0 if i desire.

However, the plan of this is to go to 4.0.0 with a CLEAN nand, so im assuming that the steps would be:

1. Make a Nand BackUp
    2. Downgrade to 4.0.0 using ChoiDuJourNX
    3. System will probably not boot since the saves are going to be incompatible so, mount the partitions and delete SaveMetaData and everything on Save except for the 800000000120.
    4. Then probably perform the last step from https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade ? which would be
      upload_2019-6-12_15-20-48.
    5. Profit?
    or is there other path to follow? or the last step is not neccesary?
    I dont have the BOOT0 nor BOOT1 files, do i need those to go back to 4.0.0? if yes, how do i get them to go back?

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Will tag @mattytrog since he seems to know about this stuff :)

Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:32 PM
    NoNAND likes this.
  2. Philliyxx

Philliyxx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    1.)Back up your prodinfo, and your 7.1 boot 0 and 1 and nand

2.) ChoidujourNX down to 4.0 and system initialize. It will be 99% clean. Backup your boots and nand from 4.1

You missed the boat for 100% clean 4.0 if you have used cfw and don't have your original sorry

Last edited by Philliyxx, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:13 AM
    PHiLiPZ likes this.
  3. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Im pretty sure i can just do a manual cleaning.

NoNAND likes this.
  4. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    You could also get a clean 4.1 nand from a trusted friend, have him decrypt it with his bis keys, inject your unencrypted prodinfo and prodinfoF partitions, then re-encrypt the whole thing with your biskeys and restore it.

NoNAND likes this.
  5. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    isn't that essentially Choidujour?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

As in step 3 in your original post? That's what ChoidujourNX does through the app when you choose to system intialize.

6. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    I.ve reading, and there is no solid proof, that the system does indeed, erase the full reports / telemetry dumped / titles isntalled and saves completly from their folders.

As mentioned here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiping-nand-with-choidujournx-safe-to-go-online-afterwards.537610/

Meaning that imust indeed erase manually those things, i will tag those users so get some more info.

@Hayato213 @ZachyCatGames @Kubas_inko

Sorry for the TAG guys, so, after downgrading the system with Choi, i still need to manually erase the things on the nand, right? also, what about the Boot0 and Boot1 from 4.0.0 since i dont have those O:

Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:11 AM
  7. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    ChoidujourNX creates and flashes the boot 0 and 1 when you downgrade, don't worry about those. 7.0.1 to 4.x choose the initialize option. You have to do this downgrading across multiple fw versions.

If you want to get real clean and crazy...you can format the fs partion after mounting it with hack disk mount to fat32 16k cluster using guiformat. That'll leave nothing on it, but I'm sure most users will suggest you not go this route unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited by Philliyxx, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:17 PM
  8. Philliyxx

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
  9. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    I dunno, but if I wanted to do my damnedest to make sure theres no traces of anything on it, I'd prefer this method over a manual downgrade using Choidujour.

10. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Still, ill try to do it this way, and let you guys know!