Hacking going from 2ds (old) with current cfw to new 3ds (stock) using system transfer/DSi method

Raiden627

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions, and while I've done some searching, I haven't found an answer to my questions.
1. as the thread states, going from a 2ds to new 3ds using the DSi method, things should be pretty straight forward following the guide, correct?
2. the source system (2ds) I would like to keep and give to one of my kids and put a new NNID on it.
a. will the source system still have the cfw
b. how do I go about setting up the 2ds with the new NNID with the cfw, is there a guide if this is possible.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions, and while I've done some searching, I haven't found an answer to my questions.
1. as the thread states, going from a 2ds to new 3ds using the DSi method, things should be pretty straight forward following the guide, correct?
2. the source system (2ds) I would like to keep and give to one of my kids and put a new NNID on it.
a. will the source system still have the cfw
b. how do I go about setting up the 2ds with the new NNID with the cfw, is there a guide if this is possible.
1. Yes things are straight forward. However, please make sure you read everything twice as to eradicate the chance of mistakes. Since you only have ONE chance to do this (without buying the game again, and waiting 7 days).
2. The source system will ALWAYS have CFW unless you remove it on purpose with a Godmode script.
3. After the DSiWare transfer is complete, format the source console and set it up like a new one.

Also please make sure you follow the most crucial step that people VERY often forget. Once the transfer is complete, you MUST USE THE SOURCE SD card IN THE TARGET CONSOLE. So after the transfer is done, take the SD card OUT of the source and put it in the TARGET system. If you don't you DSiWare will NOT BE transferred.

Reactions: Raiden627

Raiden627

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I messed something up somewhere, got to Section VI in finalizing setup on the guide page, and now my 3ds won't turn on. push the power button and the light flashes blue. it charges, but thats about it. any ideas?

Raiden627

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes things are straight forward. However, please make sure you read everything twice as to eradicate the chance of mistakes. Since you only have ONE chance to do this (without buying the game again, and waiting 7 days).
2. The source system will ALWAYS have CFW unless you remove it on purpose with a Godmode script.
3. After the DSiWare transfer is complete, format the source console and set it up like a new one.

Also please make sure you follow the most crucial step that people VERY often forget. Once the transfer is complete, you MUST USE THE SOURCE SD card IN THE TARGET CONSOLE. So after the transfer is done, take the SD card OUT of the source and put it in the TARGET system. If you don't you DSiWare will NOT BE transferred.
so after some headaches (reading twice wasn't enough apparently) target 3ds is good to go. I put a new sd card in the old 2ds and was wondering where to go from there, I am still able to get into Luma 8.1.1 and godmode9 and Rosalina menu through Download Play app. Are there any files I should have on the new sd card in the old system, or can I just install the hblauncher, fbi, and luma updater and go from there?

EDIT: forgot to say thanks, as your post was a tremendous help.

Last edited by Raiden627,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so after some headaches (reading twice wasn't enough apparently) target 3ds is good to go. I put a new sd card in the old 2ds and was wondering where to go from there, I am still able to get into Luma 8.1.1 and godmode9 and Rosalina menu through Download Play app. Are there any files I should have on the new sd card in the old system, or can I just install the hblauncher, fbi, and luma updater and go from there?

EDIT: forgot to say thanks, as your post was a tremendous help.
If you want a fresh system, format the console with no SD card inside it, then put the new formatted SD card in the console with the "boot.firm" from Luma on the SD card, boot it and it will create all the necessary folders it needs. Afterwards, you can honestly just follow this section of the guide https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup and have it set up as a vanilla CFW console.

Now you should be able to create a new NNID on the source system and use it regularly. I would recommend making a new NAND bckup of the target console as well, since the backups you made prior ( you should have) are no longer compatible. If you ever tried to restore the NAND backup from your source to the target you will brick. Just something to think about.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and you're welcome man :D

Reactions: Raiden627

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1