Going back to Vista from Ubuntu, or Dual boot.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went to Ubuntu a few years ago, full installation, and now I want to go back to Vista. I've tried formatting the entire HDD to NTFS, no go. Even if I could install a dual boot with vista I'd be happy. Problem with the dual boot, mostly all the instructions have you install vista first, then ubuntu. I know I need to fix my grub. Also my step father only burnt the Vista installation discs, and kept the originals, So I don't have diskpart.exe to fix my mbr boot to install vista. If you need more info to help just ask. I'm on 14.04.3 LTS Ubuntu 32 bit.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to Ubuntu a few years ago, full installation, and now I want to go back to Vista. I've tried formatting the entire HDD to NTFS, no go. Even if I could install a dual boot with vista I'd be happy. Problem with the dual boot, mostly all the instructions have you install vista first, then ubuntu. I know I need to fix my grub. Also my step father only burnt the Vista installation discs, and kept the originals, So I don't have diskpart.exe to fix my mbr boot to install vista. If you need more info to help just ask. I'm on 14.04.3 LTS Ubuntu 32 bit.
Why not windows 10?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have the Vista install discs. And I'm not buying 10 to put on a 2001 gateway laptop, and hope that it runs.
Oh so weak PC that makes some sense kind of, though windows 10 is the least demanding of the recent windows OS's. Also you don't need to "buy" 10 you can just burn a legit copy from M$ and hacktivate it.

Henning B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have keys for every windows, unused and legal(can give proof) send me a pm and i can send you keys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters