Going back from Gateway to Stock, how to transfer savegames, etc?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Sors, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Sors
    OP

Sors Advanced Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Gambia, The
    In the last 3 years the only 3DS games i have played were Monster Hunter and Pokemon, which i both always buy retail.

I have an O3DS 4.3 with Gateway on Emunand 11.2 (no fastboot or any other gateway hax beside 4.3 menuhax to enter gateway mode), and with all the hassle about Gateway+Pokemon SUMO it's just not worth it for me anymore to stay on gateway. (CFW also isn't attractive to me, as I really don't need it for anything.)

Just formatting my system to get rid of the gateway isn't enough though, because i would like to transfer my monster hunter and pokemon savegames, and i also have bought a pokebank 1 year license which i don't want to lose.

If my savegames can't be transfered I could live with it as long as I don't have to buy Pokebank again.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This is in the wrong section.
    Menuhax doesn't exist on 4.3, you're probably thinking of the DS Profile exploit.

You can play S/M with Gateway, you just have to convert the game to Card2 or to CIA.

Pokemon saves can be transferred simply by using JKSM to export the save, most other games require a more convoluted method where you have to manually rename the save.

Thanks to mine and ihaveamac's effort, there's a simpler alternative to that by using a tool that renames the saves for you. You'll still have to mount each game in the multiROM menu and export them one by one, but it only takes a few button presses to do so. The tool can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8225581/GWSE.rar
    Once you have all the saves exported, you can use the regular JKSM to import them to CIA/eShop/legit cartridge (CIAs/eShop copies must be installed beforehand)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Dec 1, 2016
  3. Sors
    OP

Sors Advanced Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the reply.
    You are right, its the DS Profile exploit.

Though you have misunderstood:

I will not be able to use JKSM to import saves, since i won't be able to install JKSM, since i want to go Stock, and NOT CFW.

I want to go from Gateway to Stock, while transfering Pokemon and Monsterhunter savefiles and my Pokebank connection

Last edited by Sors, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You have to copy them *before* removing mods, especially since being able to use your flashcard with the exact rom that created it is by far the easiest way to decrypt a .sav!

5. Sors
    OP

Sors Advanced Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Gambia, The
    I don't understand this fully:
    Where should I extract and inject the savegames? I can't extract a savegame from emunand and inject it into sysnand with JKSM, since I can't run JKSM in sysnand.
    I also don't play my retail games as 3ds/3dz/cia, i play the retail cartridges in gateway's emunand classic mode, so I wouldn't know where to extract/inject then....
    -I thought the savegames where party stored on the 3DS SD-Card and partly on the Retail Cartridge for games like Pokemon, is this wrong?