Gogol Bordello is awesome

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Endogene, Jul 23, 2008.

Jul 23, 2008

Gogol Bordello is awesome by Endogene at 12:37 AM (973 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Endogene
    OP

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
    So i saw Gogol bordello live at the vieilles charreus some days back and i can only say one thing, they are pure awesomeness!
    Their show was 1H30 of pure uninterrupted wild crazy energy, here is a clip of the live

In at the front row, you can slightly see me waving my hat at 0:30 for a couple of seconds thats about all the TV time i got, my friends however standing just next to me you can see them for about 20 sec (bastards...)
    Expect them to run around on stage and jump al the time, never stopping to rest, unpredictable and full of surprises also to most glamorous and beatiful dancers i've ever seen (those two where the proof that big breast are not what it takes to be beautiful)
    Anyway is ever gogol bordello is in the neighbourhood don't hesitate checking them out, they are awesome

on a side note i also saw crystal castles from the front row, like gogol bordello they have a great show, also really energetic a bit weird though when she sing in the microphone and there is a synth effect on it

2. VividBlack

Newcomer VividBlack Advanced Member

United States
    Is it weird I've actually heard of this band? Don't really know how obscure these guys are...

Anywho, not a big fan of the guys. More of a DeVotchKa fan.

3. Endogene
    OP

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
    pretty obscure in the US i guess but that will change soon, the main singer is in a film also starring madonna, the film uses the band's music as whell

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Actually, it pretty unfair to compare those two bands..Gogol Bordello is a gipsy punk, with some experimental sounds, and Devotchkas (by the way, this band fall apart looong time ago, they tried to get together again under name of The 99's, but this didn't go well) are actually melodic hardcore punk!

I find Gogol Bordello more interesting, just because of the way they act, and the energy in the concerts..I missed their gig here locally, just because the ticket price was way to high..
    Devotchkas, while visually probably more appealing, musically boring and stereotyped..(Though, Big Sober Jelly is awesome song!)

5. greyhound

Member greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    they made it big after migrating to New York (hence the song immigrant punk) so it's not surprising that you have heard of them.

6. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    yeah they're one of my favs

have you seen wristcutters: a love story? The guy Eugene is based on Eugene
    they even use "through the roof" in the movie