GOG support page reveals that Cyberpunk 2077 saves will corrupt if you have too many items

Save_damaged.png

It's been more than 3 hours since CD Projekt said or did something that added fuel to the fire that has been Cyberpunk 2077's launch, so we're more than overdue for more insanity. For those that won't be refunding their copy, you might want to be aware of the latest issue with the game. Apparently, if your Cyberpunk 2077 save file surpasses 8MB in size, the file will corrupt, and you'll be unable to recover it. GOG has posted a troubleshooting page about the issue, informing players that the problem stems from players who have too many crafting materials and items in their inventory, or from using a known item-duplication glitch. In the future, CD Projekt Red "might" increase the save file size limit, but even if they do, anyone who has a save currently over 8MB will have lost it for good: they will remain corrupted even after the hypothetical patch. This 8MB limit applies to all platforms.

Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered.
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

:arrow: Source

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude I remember the lead up to and the launch of that game like it was yesterday, no one was praising it, both prior to launch and on launch date. Not sure where the heck you saw anyone giving it praise at any point when it launched. But whoever you saw doing so, was absolutely in the minority, I can promise you that.
You're again speaking for everyone like your knowledge and views are absolutes. "Anyone". "Nobody". At least use less definitive terms. You only visit so many websites. I Only visit so many websites. I am not going to assume that I know the opinions of every human on earth, and you shouldn't be so hostile or aggressive with what you believe is a truth.

And you said it yourself:
But whoever you saw doing so, was absolutely in the minority,

If there was a minority, which almost assuredly there was as there's people out there who legitimately believe movies like Dragon Ball Evolution and Star Wars: The Last Jedi were amazing movies, then that's just my point that your words were attempting to degrade them to non-people, because according to you all people agree with you ("anyone", "nobody").

Show a little tact man. I know you don't intend to come off like that. But it is good to show some tact as nobody should feel like a non-person because their opinion doesn't align with what you state is a fact about how people felt about a game.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're again speaking for everyone like your knowledge and views are absolutes. "Anyone". "Nobody". At least use less definitive terms. You only visit so many websites. I Only visit so many websites. I am not going to assume that I know the opinions of every human on earth, and you shouldn't be so hostile or aggressive with what you believe is a truth.

And you said it yourself:

If there was a minority, which almost assuredly there was as there's people out there who legitimately believe movies like Dragon Ball Evolution and Star Wars: The Last Jedi were amazing movies, then that's just my point that your words were attempting to degrade them to non-people, because according to you all people agree with you ("anyone", "nobody").

Show a little tact man. I know you don't intend to come off like that. But it is good to show some tact as nobody should feel like a non-person because their opinion doesn't align with what you state is a fact about how people felt about a game.

Ok dude, I've been looking for any launch 5 star reviews (or anything close to that) of FallOut76, and I'm simply not finding them, all reviews were bad to mediocre (unless, are we counting IGN's review of 5/10 as a 5 star review? If so, I guess you got me, haha). You keep telling me not to speak for everyone (which I'm not by the way, I'm talking about the majority of what you saw being said about the title at the time when I say 'everyone,' thought that was obvious, but sorry you were taking such words so literally when that wasn't the intention), but all the reviews are not reflecting this moment of people regarding it as 5 stars like you claim at all. So I'm just puzzled by this idea that the title was ever widely regarded as a 5 star experience at or around the launch of the title.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Kioku

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAAAAAAMMNNN!!!! :D This is too good to be true, man. What the deviiil!!!! This is the worst release I can remember, technically speaking. Unbelievable.
I think No Man's Sky is absolutely still in that conversation, but yeah, this is definitely embarrassing for CDPR.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok dude, I've been looking for any launch 5 star reviews (or anything close to that) of FallOut76, and I'm simply not finding them, all reviews were bad to mediocre. You keep telling me not to speak for everyone (which I'm not by the way, I'm talking about the majority of what you saw being said about the title at the time when I say 'everyone'), but all the reviews are not reflecting this moment of people regarding it as 5 stars like you claim at all. So I'm just puzzled by this idea that the title was ever regarded as a 5 star experience at or around the launch of the title.

dude I remember the lead up to and the launch of that game like it was yesterday, no one was praising it, both prior to launch and on launch date. Not sure where the heck you saw anyone giving it praise at any point when it launched. But whoever you saw doing so, was absolutely in the minority, I can promise you that.
Not really, that game launched as a pile of shit across the board, there was no day where it was regarded by anyone as 5 stars.

"No one". "Anyone". These are 'absolute' terms. They are not grey designators, but black or white (100% or 0%) indicators.

"Most", "few", "no one I have encountered". these are 'grey' indicators as they do not indicate an absolute.

As a point, you say "I've been looking for any launch 5 star reviews (or anything close to that) of FallOut76". There's 2 points to make here: 1: You forget that not everyone posts their reviews online. 2: You also forget that I am saying these were opinions BEFORE the launch of FO76, much the same as of Cyberpunk2077. BEFORE CP2077, everyone thought it was 5 Star, as the guy I quoted said everyone thought it was. CP2077 was clearly not "5 star" and a large majority agreed such on launch.

Honestly, this game went from 5 stars to a pile of s#@! in less than two weeks.

As proof, here's exactly what the guy I quoted said.

-----

Also I want to bring a point to your attention: you're clearly growing hostile over this argument:

Not sure where the heck you saw

You continue to try to find evidence to break the deadlock and prove that your view, is an absolute truth. You search for 5 star reviews and for whatever else in an attempt to prove your original points: "No one" was praising it. There was no day "anyone" thought it was a good game (paraphrase)".

I cannot comprehend why you started this argument to begin with. I was making a joke about how FO76 became known as a complete flop, how people, whether a large or small amount, namely Bethesda fans, thought it was going to be something great.

For some reason you made it a hill to die on that absolutely nobody thought it was a great game? So you're going to argue with me over people's subjective thoughts which ultimately neither of us can ultimately confirm because neither of us knew the thoughts of every single human on the planet in the days/weeks before FO76 launched? (And I will emphasize that: my point was at least some people before FO76 thought it was going to be something 5 Star, yours is absolutely no one did, your word(s)).

I don't understand your motives. All I'm doing here is posting objective facts: that you should not speak for every human on the planet, namely; and that FO76 was (at least by some) a case of a "5 Star Game" considering it was a follow-up to FO4, ending up a complete "pile of s#@!" in less than two weeks. There's nothing discernably wrong with my statement except on a subjective basis. So again, it comes off as you attempting to shove your opinions on everyone, multiple times, mind you, and once called out, you attempted to claim it was 'only a majority'. Is your opinion of how people should think that important to you?

Reactions: crea

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
"No one". "Anyone". These are 'absolute' terms. They are not grey designators, but black or white (100% or 0%) indicators.

"Most", "few", "no one I have encountered". these are 'grey' indicators as they do not indicate an absolute.

As a point, you say "I've been looking for any launch 5 star reviews (or anything close to that) of FallOut76". There's 2 points to make here: 1: You forget that not everyone posts their reviews online. 2: You also forget that I am saying these were opinions BEFORE the launch of FO76, much the same as of Cyberpunk2077. BEFORE CP2077, everyone thought it was 5 Star, as the guy I quoted said everyone thought it was. CP2077 was clearly not "5 star" and a large majority agreed such on launch.

-----

Also I want to bring a point to your attention: you're clearly growing hostile over this argument:

You continue to try to find evidence to break the deadlock and prove that your view, is an absolute truth. You search for 5 star reviews and for whatever else in an attempt to prove your original points: "No one" was praising it. There was no day "anyone" thought it was a good game (paraphrase)".

I cannot comprehend why you started this argument to begin with. I was making a joke about how FO76 became known as a complete flop, how people, whether a large or small amount, namely Bethesda fans, thought it was going to be something great.

For some reason you made it a hill to die on that absolutely nobody thought it was a great game? So you're going to argue with me over people's subjective thoughts which ultimately neither of us can ultimately confirm because neither of us knew the thoughts of every single human on the planet in the days/weeks before FO76 launched? (And I will emphasize that: my point was at least some people before FO76 thought it was going to be something 5 Star, yours is absolutely no one did, your word(s)).

I don't understand your motives. All I'm doing here is posting objective facts: that you should not speak for every human on the planet, namely; and that FO76 was (at least by some) a case of a "5 Star Game" considering it was a follow-up to FO4, ending up a complete "pile of s#@!" in less than two weeks. There's nothing discernably wrong with my statement except on a subjective basis. So again, it comes off as you attempting to shove your opinions on everyone, multiple times, mind you, and once called out, you attempted to claim it was 'only a majority'. Is your opinion of how people should think that important to you?
You're going all out over a sentence. Talk about finding a hill to die on.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-----

Holy shit, way to get hung up on the minutia, if you don't get I was being hyperbolic with terms like everyone, no one, or anyone, you need to just recognize it, because clearly I'm not speaking for every person ever, but I am speaking about the vast majority of what you saw. This is a normal way that people express such thoughts, really confused why you're getting so hung up on it.

Anyway, again, you say it was regarded as 5 star experience just like Cyberpunk here, but no professional reviews out there reflect this at all, and I'm looking like crazy. Conversely, when the first Cyberpunk reviews came in (only for the PC version), they were given many of these 5 star reviews from various outlets despite some bugs. And only when the console versions released did the whiplash set in of it also being a god awful experience depending where you play it. Considering Fallout 76 did not release to any situation remotely like that, I just continue to not understand how you can claim they're the same situation.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going all out over a sentence. Talk about finding a hill to die on.
I'm simply defending my point. Meanwhile he's the one attacking my point. In a debate you need to have a thorough, rocksteady defense and an equally thorough counterpoint that the argument is flawed. So really, I don't consider that even '1/3rd the effort needed' myself, as I could have gone more thorough if I was 'going to find a hill to die on'.

Holy shit, way to get hung up on the minutia, if you don't get I was being hyperbolic with terms like everyone, no one, or anyone, you need to just recognize it, because clearly I'm not speaking for every person ever, but I am speaking about the vast majority of what you saw. This is a normal way that people express such thoughts, really confused why you're getting so hung up on it.

Anyway, again, you say it was regarded as 5 star experience just like Cyberpunk here, but no professional reviews out here reflect this at all, and I'm looking like crazy. Conversely, when the first Cyberpunk reviews came in (only for the PC version), they were given many of these 5 star reviews from various outlets despite some bugs. And only when the console versions released did the whiplash set in of it also being a god awful experience depending where you play it. Considering Fallout 76 did not release to any situation remotely like that, I just continue to not understand how you can claim they're the same situation.

I don't enjoy 'hyperbolics', my mind does not work in a way that appreciates them due to how my mind developed. The meanings of words lose their meaning because of people playing 'hyperbolic' with the definitions of words, and eventually it will reach a point where nothing means anything. It is through attempting to dismantle the worth in the meaning of a word by claiming one is being hyperbolic with it that creates arguments in the first place, whether through malice (the intent to lie, manipulate, etc) or laziness (the lack of effort to be truthful).

You claim it is a 'normal way', but I do not entirely agree with that, as usually when one uses the phrases in question, they speak in the meaning of the term, as absolutes. Or, admittably as you seem to have been, they're attempting to apply societal pressure to manipulate individuals to believing in those absolutes, while claiming the 'hyperbolic' when confronted when individuals would come forth feeling offended. Because what easier way to gaslight than to use an absolute in a non-absolute manner?

Anyway, again, you say it was regarded as 5 star experience just like Cyberpunk here, but no professional reviews out here reflect this at all, and I'm looking like crazy.

I've already addressed this:

2: You also forget that I am saying these were opinions BEFORE the launch of FO76, much the same as of Cyberpunk2077. BEFORE CP2077, everyone thought it was 5 Star, as the guy I quoted said everyone thought it was. CP2077 was clearly not "5 star" and a large majority agreed such on launch.

You speak of professional reviews, which is odd, as from what I've seen over the last ~3 years, few people who bother to believe in professional reviews who are actual gamers due to the fact that the professional reviews are manipulated and often paid for to be significantly higher than what the consumer base tends to believe, are manipulated higher due to pushing an agenda, or significantly lower if they do not push the narrative the consumer base would agree to.

Case in point: TLOU2 vs Ghost of Tsushima being a perfect example of this disconnect between the "Professional Reviews" and normal individuals. TLOU2 got multiple 10/10 and 5 stars. Ghost of Tsushima was all 9.5/10s and 4.5 stars and and below by professional reviewers. But we all know the players voted for Ghost during the Game Awards.

I think a better example here is in order: Anthem. A large majority of people believed that Anthem was a 5 star game before the beta and the Jason Schreier articles. Flying Destiny people called it, a massive 'living' world where animals and all sorts of advanced randomly generated events would occur in. What we got was a shell of the promise.

By your statement, we'd be ignoring the fact a large if not majority of average people viewed Anthem at 5 star worthy simply because the reviews, things made after people got their hands on the title, were horrendous. That is a point I'm making. That is the point I've made all along. You keep going for people's views after the game reached their hands, but not once do you acknowledge the opinions of people before the point of the game reaching people's hands, before the revelation of the horrible development cycles of some of these games. In that, you continue to silence voices simply because you cannot find them. You continue to be absolutist over how people felt/think about FO76 (and likewise, using this same example, Anthem) because you simply can't find reviews before the game reached people's hands.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm simply defending my point. Meanwhile he's the one attacking my point. In a debate you need to have a thorough, rocksteady defense and an equally thorough counterpoint that the argument is flawed. So really, I don't consider that even '1/3rd the effort needed' myself, as I could have gone more thorough if I was 'going to find a hill to die on'.

I don't enjoy 'hyperbolics', my mind does not work in a way that appreciates them due to how my mind developed. The meanings of words lose their meaning because of people playing 'hyperbolic' with the definitions of words, and eventually it will reach a point where nothing means anything. It is through attempting to dismantle the worth in the meaning of a word by claiming one is being hyperbolic with it that creates arguments in the first place, whether through malice (the intent to lie, manipulate, etc) or laziness (the lack of effort to be truthful).

You claim it is a 'normal way', but I do not entirely agree with that, as usually when one uses the phrases in question, they speak in the meaning of the term, as absolutes. Or, admittably as you seem to have been, they're attempting to apply societal pressure to manipulate individuals to believing in those absolutes, while claiming the 'hyperbolic' when confronted when individuals would come forth feeling offended. Because what easier way to gaslight than to use an absolute in a non-absolute manner?

I've already addressed this:

You speak of professional reviews, which is odd, as from what I've seen over the last ~3 years, few people who bother to believe in professional reviews who are actual gamers due to the fact that the professional reviews are manipulated and often paid for to be significantly higher than what the consumer base tends to believe, are manipulated higher due to pushing an agenda, or significantly lower if they do not push the narrative the consumer base would agree to.

Case in point: TLOU2 vs Ghost of Tsushima being a perfect example of this disconnect between the "Professional Reviews" and normal individuals. TLOU2 got multiple 10/10 and 5 stars. Ghost of Tsushima was all 9.5/10s and 4.5 stars and and below by professional reviewers. But we all know the players voted for Ghost during the Game Awards.

I think a better example here is in order: Anthem. A large majority of people believed that Anthem was a 5 star game before the beta and the Jason Schreier articles. Flying Destiny people called it, a massive 'living' world where animals and all sorts of advanced randomly generated events would occur in. What we got was a shell of the promise.

By your statement, we'd be ignoring the fact a large if not majority of average people viewed Anthem at 5 star worthy simply because the reviews, things made after people got their hands on the title, were horrendous. That is a point I'm making. That is the point I've made all along. You keep going for people's views after the game reached their hands, but not once do you acknowledge the opinions of people before the point of the game reaching people's hands, before the revelation of the horrible development cycles of some of these games. In that, you continue to silence voices simply because you cannot find them. You continue to be absolutist over how people felt/think about FO76 (and likewise, using this same example, Anthem) because you simply can't find reviews before the game reached people's hands.
You know what, let's compare how similar of situations they were with their 5 star reviews, this is all according to Metacrtic:

Cyberpunk on PC has 71 professional reviews, 63 of which are positive, only 1 is negative. Resting at a nice metascore of 87. This is the 5 star moment of the original post in question. (remember the original post stated: "this game went from 5 stars to a pile of s#@! in less than two weeks. I have never seen this happen before.")
Cyberpunk on PS4 and Xbox One collectively have 25 reviews, 3 of which are positive and 8 are negative, the rest are middling. PS4 at 55, Xbone at 55 as well. This is the start of the game going to shit that the orignal post alluded to.

Fallout 76 was received about the same for all 3 platforms: 53 on PS4, 49 on Xbone, and 52 on PC.
PC has 46 professional reviews with only 4 as positive, and 13 negative (this sure looks like that shit stage of Cyberpunk, certainly not the 5 star stage that Cyberpunk experienced)
PS4 has 43 professional reviews with only 2 as positve, and 12 as negative (Also looking like that shit stage)
Xbone has 33 professional reviews with only 2 as positive, abnd 13 as negative (still looking like that shit stage)

And keep in mind, while Cyberpunk has a few perfect 10/10s or 100s, none of the positive Fallout 76 reviews were perfect 10/10s or 100s, or 5/5s, etc.

Again, I stand by my main point here, they absolutely aren't the same at all.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, let's compare how similar of situations they were with their 5 star reviews, this is all according to Metacrtic:

Cyberpunk on PC has 71 professional reviews, 63 of which are positive, only 1 is negative. Resting at a nice metascore of 87. This is the 5 star moment of the original post in question. (remember the original post stated: "this game went from 5 stars to a pile of s#@! in less than two weeks. I have never seen this happen before.")
Cyberpunk on PS4 and Xbox One collectively have 25 reviews, 3 of which are positive and 8 are negative, the rest are middling. PS4 at 55, Xbone at 55 as well. This is the start of the game going to shit that the orignal post alluded to.

Fallout 76 was received about the same for all 3 platforms: 53 on PS4, 49 on Xbone, and 52 on PC.
PC has 46 professional reviews with only 4 as positive, and 13 negative (this sure looks like that shit stage of Cyberpunk, certainly not the 5 star stage that Cyberpunk experienced)
PS4 has 43 professional reviews with only 2 as positve, and 12 as negative (Also looking like that shit stage)
Xbone has 33 professional reviews with only 2 as positive, abnd 13 as negative (still looking like that shit stage)

And keep in mind, while Cyberpunk has a few perfect 10/10s or 100s, none of the positive Fallout 76 reviews were perfect 10/10s or 100s, or 5/5s, etc.

Again, I stand by my main point here, they absolutely aren't the same at all.
I've already addressed everything you said in my prior post.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already addressed everything you said in my prior post.
If so, then you must recognize you're wrong, you may have seen some positivity for Fallout 76 when it released, but the whiplash of greatness to shit for that title absolutely will pale in comparison.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If so, then you must recognize you're wrong, you may have seen some positivity for Fallout 76 when it released, but the whiplash of greatness to shit for that title absolutely will pale in comparison.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And over a discussion regarding video games. I might understand if we we're arguing politics or a legal case, but c'mon!
All for the dumpster fire that was Fallout 76 at that!

Nothing you're saying negates the point, it's palpable how much whiplash there has been for Cyberpunk's reception here. That never happened for Fallout 76, most reviews were on the same page across the board, and the game didn't appear on people's systems looking drastically different than what they believed they were getting because only the vastly superior version was ever shown off, which contributed to such major whiplash of 5 stars to shit.

Again man, you've just missed the mark with your example. It's ok to admit you made a mistake you know.

Here's a really simple way to put it, when Fallout 76 launched, people knew what they were getting. When Cyberpunk 2077 launched, people thought they knew what they were getting.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
And over a discussion regarding video games. I might understand if we we're arguing politics or a legal case, but c'mon!
Passion is passion. No matter the subject. I agree, though. The heated discussion just seems... Out of place... :rofl:

D

Deleted User

... At this point, this is too much of a low-hanging fruit for me to even comment on for the sake of commenting.
Trying to play this as a Purist is definitely not what the Developers had in mind, so why should you bend over backwards trying.

What I'm here to say is that, seeing Inventory size seems to be the issue, it might be best to check out the latest Infinite Money Glitch YouTube video by The Spiffing Brit if you don't know how to make all the in-game Euro-Dollars you want.

If you can already glitch the game for money and if you also watch the Hand Gun Glitch video by the same Creator, you can do away with excess Inventory and enjoy this dumpster fire the way it is created, i.e. in all its fully-glitched glory.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

man, what a predictable issue, i've got skyrim saves that are like 25mb in size, even bethesda didn't add a size limit smh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

-----

m8, nobody wanted fallout 76, from the moment it was announced people wanted an elder scrolls game instead

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what im reading cdpr promised refunds to ps4 and xbox digital purchasers before even talking to microsoft or sony and now people are having a hard time getting refunds or not getting them at all. They just keep dropping the ball

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn