GOG 2015 DRM-FREE SUMMER SALE BEGINS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Qtis, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Qtis
    OP

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    GOGSale.PNG

You know that summer is coming when your wallet starts to cry tears of joy or sorrow depending on how much you want new games. That little cry usually turns into a roar when large platforms begin their summer sales. Hide your wallets, 'cuz GOG.com is here again with their DRM-free summer sale! This year's treat is free games if you happen to buy stuff with a certain amount of money. The tiers are the following:

- Sim City 2000 Special Edition - Purchase with over $1 during the sale
    - Stalker Clear Sky - Purchase with over $20 during the sale
    - Xenonauts - Purchase with over $50 during the sale

:arrow:Source

Lets see what they have to offer this year. There are great games currently on sale including The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, a collection of remastered D&D games and many others.

2. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Damn. I'm seeing some really solid deals, but currently I can't rub two nickels together right now.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    The sale on The witcher 3 isn't much, but 10% in addition to 3 extra games (assuming that's all you buy in this period) is certainly great for a game that's not even released for a month.

On my end, I'm going to have to restrain myself not to purchase my entire steam library again. :P

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Oh yeah sure, sell 2000 a billion times and make all the other terrible sim city games available but no one can take the time to show 3000 unlimited any sort of love at all.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Their page sure is worth checking out right now. Not sure if it's the last 24 hours or something, but they've got A LOT of bundles. And one free game, though I'm not sure which one yet (I wanted to click on it to get more details, and now it says I'll get my confirmation soon :P ).

6. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    The vast majority of those are bundles I've seen on previous days. I'm guessing that the sale only has a couple days left and will likely round out either the day the Steam sale begins, or the day before it based on what looks to be an encore sale that we're getting today.

7. Qtis
    OP

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    It's been a tradition for quite some time on GoG that they include all bundles on the last day or at the mid point of the sale. Daily deals are another matter though ;)

EDIT: The sale will last until the 21st of June.