• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

GoFundMe campaign to build Trump's wall (unsurprisingly) turns out to be a scam

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 1,520
  • Replies 14
  • Likes 4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Its supporters are out $22 million, which the founder of the campaign (a Florida man) has apparently pocketed. Refunds were promised back in January, but obviously haven't been received.

https://thesternfacts.com/source-bu...early-1-million-yacht-not-a-wall-72958836bd0c

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...fages-usd20-million-for-a-border-wall-go.html

I guess the saying is true: nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people. I just wish I had thought of it first.

Last edited by Xzi,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In other news: I started a gooutandfundmenowandImeanNOWWWW!!!!!-campaign with the promise to build a giant wall around the white house. It aims to make America safer again by making sure the population is protected from the crooked government.

Upon reaching my stretch goal, I'll provide orange jumpsuits for the inhabitants.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Florida Man strikes again. Mexico is doing more to stop illegal immigration by decriminalizing drug possession. It would be a huge step in the right direction here too. Walls are for prisons.

Reactions: Xzi
S

Saiyan Lusitano

People are so politically divided that they blindly support their chosen side even though they should care about first and foremost themselves, that is, their well-being rather than being part of the left/center/right.

The younger, mid and older folks for the most part all believe that "democracy" works and that siding with a political side is a good thing.

A quote from the Neon Genesis Evangelion series:

"Humans forget their foolishness and repeat their mistakes. If humans do not redeem themselves willingly, they will not change.” - Seele

History books exist but they might as well not since people keep on making the same fatal errors time and time again.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why no major networks or news outlets picked up the "story" except for random far left sites and blogs.

D

Deleted User

Genius. Guy became a millionaire overnight. Truly, this is the dude we should all aspire to be.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its supporters are out $22 million, which the founder of the campaign (a Florida man) has apparently pocketed. Refunds were promised back in January, but obviously haven't been received.

https://thesternfacts.com/source-bu...early-1-million-yacht-not-a-wall-72958836bd0c

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...fages-usd20-million-for-a-border-wall-go.html

I guess the saying is true: nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people. I just wish I had thought of it first.
I have to say these people had the money to donate, so I'm sure they'll be okay, who it's only sad for the few did it out of fear.... The government could easily pay for the wall if they wanted, there was no reason for these people to.... Much more money goes missing every year. Not saying we should be focusing on the wall at all, just saying lol.

The moral to this story is: ignorance should not be rewarded

Last edited by Ericthegreat,
D

Deleted User

Too many aspiring conmen in America already I think. In this guy's case, I guess the Florida man overrode the veteran in him.

The swamp people are invading. Run.

Anyway, seriously surprised that 22m went into this. You can never underestimate human stupidity, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?