Hacking GodMode9 Bricked 3DS, SD Card Was Removed And Formatted

D

Deleted User

Then he should go fallow a YouTube guide he be better off then using your ZIP that's why we have a official guide
It isn't a guide! It is simply a file for him to download to repair his 3DS!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, but what is it that you're arguing with us about?

@lone_wolf323, @Shadow#1, and I were replying to @StumblingKitty because we wanted to help with our own advices. Do you have a problem with others partaking discussion in a public forum?
No, I am simply saying that my suggestion is better.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by The Catboy,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Again, how the fuck does @dwain12435 manages to always create controversy.
It's so simple fam, your suggestion isn't better. You cannot compete with @TurdPooCharger for 2 reasons: number one, this isn't a competition, number two, he has almost 2 entire years been one of the most helpful lads here in the 3DS forums, beta testing, data mining the 3DS, and troubleshooting people like you and me. I'm not saying that Turd is flawless, but he's one of the most trustworthy persons at least in these forums 'cause he has been here helping others for a long time.
Why you want always to be correct although you've proven us that you're not flawless either, and you're practically new around here.

Last edited by E1ite007,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not what Lilith Valentine said. said:
Why are you so up my furry pussy?
WTF? You are weird.
This isn't the first time I've seen you twist a person's words. I get that people make edits to your their own posts to correct facts and for more clarity, but it's childish to misquote someone's original message.

If we had to interpret the intent of those edits, one would think you have a secret kink for furries. Nothing to be ashamed about that if that's your kind of thing.

Edit - Wrong possessive word.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This isn't the first time I've seen you twist a person's words. I get that people make edits to your their own posts to correct facts and for more clarity, but it's childish to misquote someone's original message.

If we had to interpret the intent of those edits, one would think you have a secret kink for furries. Nothing to be ashamed about that if that's your kind of thing.

Edit - Wrong possessive word.
The nice thing is, I can show the post before I edited it to correct the post I was quoting
D05088BE-403B-4360-8C77-D563C5799177.jpeg
And even show how many edits I’ve made
ADD129B7-77BB-4706-869C-7ABEE18A557F.jpeg

StumblingKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, like a year or so, I was using 3DS firmware and while trying to use GodMode9, I had accidentally replaced to system boot.firm with the GodMode9 boot.firm, and It was stuck in GodMode9, with no answer to how to fix it, it was bad, but then, a few months ago, my mom decided she needed a microSD card, and took it out of my 3DS and into her phone, so now my 3DS is stuck reloading the "Press A to Continue" Message over and over, and when I try to use Luma, it doesn't work because the SD card isn't inside. I tried to find an answer on the internet, but since the SD card is now formatted, I don't know what I should do, I have the SD card with me now, but it is completely wiped. Any possible answer?

So, update, I have put Dwain12345's zip onto my sd card and I boot up, and when I try to go into GodMode9, it gives me the error "Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND Firm. Please use an exteranl one" What do I do now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, can you just go ahead and say whether or not my method worked?
I had gotten the error that I needed a CTRNAND or a CTRNAND firm, what do I do, and any button pressed after would shutdown the system

D

Deleted User

You did copy the "luma" and "gm9" folders, right? You also need to hold down START before and during the 3DS boot until you reach the Luma3DS chainloader. Then, select GodMode9.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, update, I have put Dwain12345's zip onto my sd card and I boot up, and when I try to go into GodMode9, it gives me the error "Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND Firm. Please use an exteranl one" What do I do now?

I had gotten the error that I needed a CTRNAND or a CTRNAND firm, what do I do, and any button pressed after would shutdown the system
That error means the 3DS firmware is softbricked where Luma3DS can't find NATIVE_FIRM (3DS mode firmware). This can happen from a failed system update, accidentally deleting system titles in FBI with the wrong assumption the titles in red are redundant or bloatware, or manually deleting the system titles in [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/title directory in GodMode9.

If your 3DS system refuses to boot HOME Menu, repair the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

D

Deleted User

Tank you so much man, I finally got it working with you and other instructions in the thread, thank you guys so much!
You need to copy the "gm9" folder from the ZIP file if you haven't done it already and then you need to run "Temporary.gm9" by pressing the HOME button in GodMode9 and then going to Scripts. You need to do this if you want your 3DS to work without an SD Card.

Reactions: StumblingKitty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent