God of War: Ragnarök launches November 9 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5

Sony released a new trailer today for the upcoming God of War: Ragnarök, confirming its launch on November 9 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. While the trailer is just a brief, 30 second cinematic that doesn't bring much new info, confirming the release date of the long-awaited sequel is significant.

Sony also released an unboxing video detailing two of the game's special editions. First is the Collector's Edition, which comes with a replica Mjölnir, a pair of 2" Vanir Twins carvings, a dwarven dice set, a Steelbook (with no disc), a voucher to redeem the contents of the digital deluxe edition (an extra armour set, a digital artbook and soundtrack, and a PS4 theme) and a digital copy of the game for PS4 and PS5. The Jotnar Edition contains everything the Collector's Edition does, plus a 7" vinyl with two tracks, a Draupnir ring, a cloth map, a set of badges and another set of dice.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
@relauby You get BOTH the PS4 and PS5 versions with the two Collector's Editions. It says so in the video and on the poster as well. It's not one or the other. :)
It's a real bummer that you don't get a physical copy with all that stuff...I mean, what's the point of the steel case then?
I can't really complain about that, considering that you get both versions, but it still bothers me a bit.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
November 9 is a very good date, I hope it remains. I think it's an elegant solution to make the Collector's Edition a complimentary edition without the disk, those who still want it can purchase the normal edition. I write it as someone who'll buy the disk.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it’s just easier for them to have one SKU w/ the code but it’s still incredibly funny they’re listing the steelbook case as a selling point and then in the same breath they’re like “no game disc included lolz”. At that point you might as well not have the steelbook at all, or at least make it come with the deluxe edition or something.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really wish trailers actually showed gameplay :/
Something I hate about AAA games is how they often lack gameplay in their trailers. Worst of all, is when a gameplay trailer does drop and the game looks very little like the trailer. It honestly should be considered false advertising.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
I really wish trailers actually showed gameplay :/
Something I hate about AAA games is how they often lack gameplay in their trailers. Worst of all, is when a gameplay trailer does drop and the game looks very little like the trailer. It honestly should be considered false advertising.
I agree to a point. It's stated as a cinematic trailer, so it isn't really false advertising, because it is what it says it is.
On this note everybody should've sue Blizzard for their WoW trailers back in the day, because not only the game/gameplay was nothing like the trailers, it was way far from it. :P

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree to a point. It's stated as a cinematic trailer, so it isn't really false advertising, because it is what it says it is.
On this note everybody should've sue Blizzard for their WoW trailers back in the day, because not only the game/gameplay was nothing like the trailers, it was way far from it. :P
I complained about it back then too, willing to bet my posts are somewhere about that. I know it’s not legally “false advertising” but it’s still a shitty practice that feels like it is. I guess it would be if they didn’t put “not actual gameplay footage” or call it a “Cinematic trailer.”

Reactions: Attila13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup