God of War: Ragnarök launches November 9 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5

Sony released a new trailer today for the upcoming God of War: Ragnarök, confirming its launch on November 9 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. While the trailer is just a brief, 30 second cinematic that doesn't bring much new info, confirming the release date of the long-awaited sequel is significant.

Sony also released an unboxing video detailing two of the game's special editions. First is the Collector's Edition, which comes with a replica Mjölnir, a pair of 2" Vanir Twins carvings, a dwarven dice set, a Steelbook (with no disc), a voucher to redeem the contents of the digital deluxe edition (an extra armour set, a digital artbook and soundtrack, and a PS4 theme) and a digital copy of the game for PS4 and PS5. The Jotnar Edition contains everything the Collector's Edition does, plus a 7" vinyl with two tracks, a Draupnir ring, a cloth map, a set of badges and another set of dice.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I say that developers won't jump full time on the PS5 bandwagon until at least 2023, since it's still difficult to find anywhere, expensive, etc.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say that developers won't jump full time on the PS5 bandwagon until at least 2023, since it's still difficult to find anywhere, expensive, etc.
It wholly depends on how the scalper market is going to handle it in the long run. Originally they were goods used to trade with other scalpers for things such as graphics cards, but eventually those cards fell out of favor due to miners not profiting off of them anymore and demand halved as a result of it since the "second digital gold rush" is now past us.

As for PS5's however? Its hard to say. They were not being coveted by miners or some other third party that were using them for other purposes. These were just scooped up by scalpers because of their limited production and easy to bot buying methods. They are basically sitting on these for the solo intent to sell or trade for inflated values. It's unknown if Sony is ever going to be able to outpace the production vs. purchasing of these. They need to saturate the market so that they are no longer a rare commodity but until that happens its going to be hard to see happen at this point.

I am pretty sure this is why they started to look into releasing their exclusives for the PC recently. It gets the game in more hands since there are not enough PS5 users to profit from it enough to solo develop games on. Its why the PS4 is still getting these games too.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved the first one but I'm surprisingly apathetic about this. I'll for sure get to it one day but it won't be day one.

The CGI trailer showing zero gameplay isn't helping either.

I really wish trailers actually showed gameplay :/
Something I hate about AAA games is how they often lack gameplay in their trailers. Worst of all, is when a gameplay trailer does drop and the game looks very little like the trailer. It honestly should be considered false advertising.

I agree to a point. It's stated as a cinematic trailer, so it isn't really false advertising, because it is what it says it is.
On this note everybody should've sue Blizzard for their WoW trailers back in the day, because not only the game/gameplay was nothing like the trailers, it was way far from it. :P

I complained about it back then too, willing to bet my posts are somewhere about that. I know it’s not legally “false advertising” but it’s still a shitty practice that feels like it is. I guess it would be if they didn’t put “not actual gameplay footage” or call it a “Cinematic trailer.”

Not sure why you're all acting like there hasn't been any gameplay footage. Just becaue the latest trailer doesn't have any, doesn't mean they haven't released a gameplay trailer.

It wholly depends on how the scalper market is going to handle it in the long run. Originally they were goods used to trade with other scalpers for things such as graphics cards, but eventually those cards fell out of favor due to miners not profiting off of them anymore and demand halved as a result of it since the "second digital gold rush" is now past us.

As for PS5's however? Its hard to say. They were not being coveted by miners or some other third party that were using them for other purposes. These were just scooped up by scalpers because of their limited production and easy to bot buying methods. They are basically sitting on these for the solo intent to sell or trade for inflated values. It's unknown if Sony is ever going to be able to outpace the production vs. purchasing of these. They need to saturate the market so that they are no longer a rare commodity but until that happens its going to be hard to see happen at this point.

I am pretty sure this is why they started to look into releasing their exclusives for the PC recently. It gets the game in more hands since there are not enough PS5 users to profit from it enough to solo develop games on. Its why the PS4 is still getting these games too.

Still on with this scalper nonsense? They aren't stockpiling in anyones closets. Even if scalpers initially buy them, they are being re-sold near immediately to those who actually play them.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure why you're all acting like there hasn't been any gameplay footage. Just becaue the latest trailer doesn't have any, doesn't mean they haven't released a gameplay trailer.
They’ve released a gameplay trailer? 😲
Can I see it? 🥺👉👈

Reactions: Attila13

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still on with this scalper nonsense? They aren't stockpiling in anyones closets. Even if scalpers initially buy them, they are being re-sold near immediately to those who actually play them.
You already revealed yourself to be a scalper yourself in the other thread. That is why you are acting in such a defensive matter on this. I am done arguing with those willing to screw over others to benefit themselves in difficult times.

• Haha
Reactions: alt_Human

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
They’ve released a gameplay trailer? 😲
Can I see it? 🥺👉👈
I think that @alt_Human is referring to the reveal trailer from the 2021's showcase video. While it's true that it kind of had some very minor bits which featured some potential gameplay, it really wasn't something final or near final at all, which in my book is good enough for a reveal, but nowhere near enough this close to the release. I'm sure that SMS will release some gameplay trailer too soon enough until the release. There will more than likely be a PS showcase or state of play in the end of Q3 or the beginning of Q4, so let's hope for the best. :) I too am curious and hungry for some new info/details/gameplay etc. :D

Reactions: alt_Human

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already revealed yourself to be a scalper yourself in the other thread. That is why you are acting in such a defensive matter on this. I am done arguing with those willing to screw over others to benefit themselves in difficult times.

Defensive? LOL! I'm not being defensive, you are. I'm simply stating a fact that scalpers do not have stockpiles of PS5s that aren't selling. You gave me a bunch of links about scalpers profits, something that wasn't even being argued. Yet Im the one that's wrong here? Okay, If it makes you feel better. YOU WIN! Even though you're still wrong about the actual argument that was being made to begin with before you moved the goal posts. I'm not a hand holder. I don't care about burden of proof, I'm not on trial and this isn't a court. If you want evidence that scalpers sell their PS5's quickly and easily, go find it. There's plenty out there. I gave you some tips already. You also seem to not care much for the "American Way" of supply and demand. Don't like it? Too bad, so sad. Boo fucking hoo.

I think that @alt_Human is referring to the reveal trailer from the 2021's showcase video. While it's true that it kind of had some very minor bits which featured some potential gameplay, it really wasn't something final or near final at all, which in my book is good enough for a reveal, but nowhere near enough this close to the release. I'm sure that SMS will release some gameplay trailer too soon enough until the release. There will more than likely be a PS showcase or state of play in the end of Q3 or the beginning of Q4, so let's hope for the best. :) I too am curious and hungry for some new info/details/gameplay etc. :D

Yes. That trailer. Imo it gives plenty enough gameplay to show everyone that it's "God of War". I mean, what is anyone expecting? It to be something vastly different from the last one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse