God of War PS4 15 minutes of gameplay trailer

God of War has received 15 minutes of new gameplay footage, courtesy of PlayStation Underground, on the official PlayStation YouTube account. The combat on display is much different from previous God of War games, offering a heavier style, less reminiscent of a button masher brawler, and allegedly more similar to Bloodborne, as claimed by the PlayStation Blog. We also get a better look at how Kratos's Leviathian Axe works, being able to throw your axe from afar and let it boomerang back into his grasp. This trailer also showcases the game running at checker-boarded 4K resolution, on the PS4 Pro. The new God of War launches later next month, on April 20th.

It’s time to finally take a look at some extended gameplay from God of War, arriving on PS4 and PS4 Pro on April 20th. Watch our impressions from multiple hours of hands-on time, including detailed explanations of the combat and progression systems, the design of the Norse realm, and much more.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Biggest disappointment of this generation for me. I was SO hyped when I saw the reveal trailer. Cannot believe one of my favorite series is following the "Generic RPG" path.

Reactions: lolboy

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biggest disappointment of this generation for me. I was SO hyped when I saw the reveal trailer. Cannot believe one of my favorite series is following the "Generic RPG" path.

What are you talking about "generic rpg"? Looks nothing like an rpg to me and very much like a God of War game - just without his blades.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You are one of those guys who keep complaining before the game got released.
Looks like you don't know what is RPG.

Last edited by Lazyboss,

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE this new battle system. The fact that they included "press down on dpad to quick turn" Shows that they know the camera slightly limits you and that they are balancing the game around that as well. It looks very well thought out despite the massive difference. The fact that Atreas distracts enemies that get behind you is pretty dank too, his AI is legit. The story is the selling point for me, just seeing where the story of Kratos leads. I can only imagine the crazy shit the devs are gonna throw at us this time.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing because of the weapon, that it feels a little bit like the old GOW. Looks like you can't hurt the kid. Which is a good think, since he can't get in the way.

Last edited by KingVamp,

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Besides the Textures it has nothing to do with the old God of War Series.
I am really dissapointed to see its now more like Skyrim or the Souls games in battle system.

Apart from that it's looking breathtaking.

Last edited by temper999,
D

Deleted User

It looks interesting,but i still dont know how it will work with its story and how they will eventually fill in the god of war 3 ending cliff hanger.As much as i love god of war as a series,only reviews will tell if its any good.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Besides the Textures it has nothing to do with the old God of War Series.
I am really dissapointed to see its now more like Skyrim or the Souls games in battle system.

Apart from that it's looking breathtaking.

If you watched the interview of the game director, he did say they wanted it to have a combat system like the Dark Souls but not to make it into another Dark Soul. Guess we can only wait and find out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.