God of War PS4 15 minutes of gameplay trailer

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Chary, Mar 19, 2018.

Front-page

God of War has received 15 minutes of new gameplay footage, courtesy of PlayStation Underground, on the official PlayStation YouTube account. The combat on display is much different from previous God of War games, offering a heavier style, less reminiscent of a button masher brawler, and allegedly more similar to Bloodborne, as claimed by the PlayStation Blog. We also get a better look at how Kratos's Leviathian Axe works, being able to throw your axe from afar and let it boomerang back into his grasp. This trailer also showcases the game running at checker-boarded 4K resolution, on the PS4 Pro. The new God of War launches later next month, on April 20th.

GilgameshArcher and KingVamp like this.
    Discussion (13 replies)
  1. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    here comes the reason to buy a ps4.

2. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    Biggest disappointment of this generation for me. I was SO hyped when I saw the reveal trailer. Cannot believe one of my favorite series is following the "Generic RPG" path.

lolboy likes this.
  3. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    What are you talking about "generic rpg"? Looks nothing like an rpg to me and very much like a God of War game - just without his blades.

4. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    You are one of those guys who keep complaining before the game got released.
    Looks like you don't know what is RPG.

Last edited by Lazyboss, Mar 19, 2018
  5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Can't wait. My absolutely favorite games. I am so buying it for my collection!

6. DeadlyAnGeL91792

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The Usa
    I LOVE this new battle system. The fact that they included "press down on dpad to quick turn" Shows that they know the camera slightly limits you and that they are balancing the game around that as well. It looks very well thought out despite the massive difference. The fact that Atreas distracts enemies that get behind you is pretty dank too, his AI is legit. The story is the selling point for me, just seeing where the story of Kratos leads. I can only imagine the crazy shit the devs are gonna throw at us this time.

7. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2013
    I WILL BE PLAYING THIS ON MY IMAGINARY PS4 SO HARD

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I'm guessing because of the weapon, that it feels a little bit like the old GOW. Looks like you can't hurt the kid. Which is a good think, since he can't get in the way.

Last edited by KingVamp, Mar 20, 2018
  9. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I have always loved the god of war series but this one does not look or feel like ond for me.

10. temper999

temper999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Besides the Textures it has nothing to do with the old God of War Series.
    I am really dissapointed to see its now more like Skyrim or the Souls games in battle system.

Apart from that it's looking breathtaking.

Last edited by temper999, Mar 20, 2018
  11. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    It looks interesting,but i still dont know how it will work with its story and how they will eventually fill in the god of war 3 ending cliff hanger.As much as i love god of war as a series,only reviews will tell if its any good.

12. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    If you watched the interview of the game director, he did say they wanted it to have a combat system like the Dark Souls but not to make it into another Dark Soul. Guess we can only wait and find out.

13. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria