God of War Portable Collection announced for PS3!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two PlayStation Portable God of War games will be taped together and sold as one on PlayStation 3, according to Sony Taiwan.

God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta gain higher resolutions and enhanced graphics during the transition, reported Magic Box.

Both games have Chinese and English language options.

The title on the box is God of War Portable Collection.

There's no mention of the Portable Collection heading West. We're investigating.

God of War: Chains of Olympus arrived in 2008, and was "an incredible achievement in all manner of ways: the absence of loading times, the excellent controls and the slick visuals contribute to it being one of the best examples of how to make a game for the PSP", wrote Eurogamer, turning up an 8/10.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta was released last year. "It's a staggering achievement that makes it difficult to imagine a better handheld God of War today," declared Eurogamer, awarding 7/10.

These two PSP God of War games aren't the first to be recommissioned for PS3: the God of War Collection remastered the superb PS2 games God of War 1 and God of War 2 for PS3. "Far from being mere exercises in nostalgia, these hugely entertaining HD versions underline exactly why we all got so excited about them in the first place," concluded Eurogamer, awarding a hefty 9/10.
[/p]

Source

It's not really worth it in my opinion. That games weren't bad but they were just short 5-hour joyrides with not a whole lot to do afterwards. The original God of War collection seems like a better bargain.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should do this with all PSP games. I loved the PSP but its time is clearly over. And a lot of these games would be better played on a console. This is a great move and if it comes to the States I'll definitely pick it up.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I would definetely get it. If it comes to Europe that is lol.
Although some may say its a easy way for Sony to make money, but I am sure we get something worth our money.
I enjoyed playing Chains of Olympus and I am sure on a console it would feel much better.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, I really enjoy the GoW series. The first one was kind of short but I heard the second one was much longer and better.

TBH I don`t really get the reason for them porting these over... Aren`t exclusive meant to be on one console/handheld to warrant a reason for people to purchase both systems.

But maybe this is what Sony is aiming for: Having similar experiences on console and handheld and maybe even sharing the experience (sharing savestates!?). I can see this even work properly with NGP, since it is similarly powerful as the PS3! But who knows...

Good for people who have PS3s but no PSPs
nayps3.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a fan of the God of War series at all, but this is pretty awesome. I do hope they do this with a lot of other titles - I think it's a cool idea. I mean, I think it'd be cool to see them separately as downloads on the PSN as well, but hey, it's a step forward. Cool either way.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Taiwan?? It's the first time I'm reading something besides "US so far...for Jap so far".

"For Taiwan So Far" looks and sounds really odd to me
unsure.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
They should do this with all PSP games. I loved the PSP but its time is clearly over. And a lot of these games would be better played on a console. This is a great move and if it comes to the States I'll definitely pick it up.

TBH it's probably cheaper to just buy used copies of the two games and play them. They're no upscaled but who cares. And the controls don't feel crammed onto the PSP, they work just right.

The only reason I'd consider buying a PSP game collection for the PS3 is if they did it for some games that got some pretty shoehorned controls (as much as I love it, that's the case with Peace Walker) and expanding it for the PS3 controller. Otherwise, I can just pirate them or buy them for cheaper.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
SamAsh07 said:
Taiwan?? It's the first time I'm reading something besides "US so far...for Jap so far".

unsure.gif
Regional divisions of companies will quite often announce certain promotional packages that are exclusive to customers in a specific nation, in this case Taiwan. The bundles usually don't make the news since they have lesser impact in comparison to USA, Japan, or Europe, but they do exist.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be something that other Sony divisions are waiting to announce (e3 perhaps?) or perhaps new PSN titles that will be cropping up in the future

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
CarbonX13 said:
SamAsh07 said:

unsure.gif
Regional divisions of companies will quite often announce certain promotional packages that are exclusive to customers in a specific nation, in this case Taiwan. The bundles usually don't make the news since they have lesser impact in comparison to USA, Japan, or Europe, but they do exist.
Ah...I see, oh your flag says Taiwan so good on you. Enjoy the package.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?