'God of War' lands on PC in January

gow pc.JPG

2018' God of War is one of the PS4's most iconic exclusives and it will soon be accessible to more gamers. PlayStation announced today that the title is headed to Steam in January and released a new trailer for the announcement:

Enter the Norse realm
His vengeance against the Gods of Olympus years behind him, Kratos now lives as a man in the realm of Norse Gods and monsters. It is in this harsh, unforgiving world that he must fight to survive… and teach his son to do the same.

Grasp a second chance
Kratos is a father again. As mentor and protector to Atreus, a son determined to earn his respect, he is forced to deal with and control the rage that has long defined him while out in a very dangerous world with his son.

Journey to a dark, elemental world of fearsome creatures
From the marble and columns of ornate Olympus to the gritty forests, mountains and caves of pre-Viking Norse lore, this is a distinctly new realm with its own pantheon of creatures, monsters and gods.

Engage in visceral, physical combat
With an over the shoulder camera that brings the player closer to the action than ever before, fights in God of War™ mirror the pantheon of Norse creatures Kratos will face: grand, gritty and grueling. A new main weapon and new abilities retain the defining spirit of the God of War series while presenting a vision of conflict that forges new ground in the genre.

This version of God of War will, as expected, come with some PC-enhanced features as follows:

• High Fidelity Graphics
Striking visuals enhanced on PC. Enjoy true 4K resolution, on supported devices, [MU1] with unlocked framerates for peak performance. Dial in your settings via a wide range of graphical presets and options including higher resolution shadows, improved screen space reflections, the addition of GTAO and SSDO, and much more.​
  • NVIDIA DLSS and Reflex Support
Quality meets performance. Harness the AI power of NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images on select Nvidia GPUs. Utilize NVIDIA Reflex low latency technology allowing you to react quicker and hit harder combos with the responsive gameplay you crave on GeForce GPUs.​

• Controls Customization
Play your way. With support for the DUALSHOCK 4 and DUALSENSE wireless controllers, a wide range of other gamepads, and fully customizable bindings for mouse and keyboard, you have the power to fine-tune every action to match your playstyle.​

• Ultra-wide Support
Immerse yourself like never before. Journey through the Norse realms taking in breathtaking vistas in panoramic widescreen. With 21:9 ultra-widescreen support, God of War presents a cinema quality experience that further expands the original seamless theatrical vision.​

In addition to DualShock 4 and DualSense wireless controllers support, keyboard and mouse players will be able to fully customize the bindings for their personalized setup.

God of War on PC will also come with the following digital content:
  • Death’s Vow Armor Sets for Kratos and Atreus
  • Exile’s Guardian Shield Skin
  • Buckler of the Forge Shield Skin
  • Shining Elven Soul Shield Skin
  • Dökkenshieldr Shield Skin
God of War will launch on Steam on January 14, 2022 and is available to pre-order for £39.99.

:arrow: God of War Official Steam Page
:arrow:SOURCE

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
this seems to be good, and bad, good news, God of War will be available on Steam Deck, but the bad news is that if Sony keeps doing this, its consoles may not have the exclusivity they once had.
I agree, but at the same time I disagree. Yes, it's important for a console to have exclusive content, but in the long run it's not a bad idea, because so much more people can enjoy these great games, especially since not everyone can afford multiple consoles and has to stay with only a PC for example or if they have money for a console, you can't always get one, especially with the whole scalper situation....
That out of the way, this game was released more than 3 years ago, so there was plenty of time for people to get it on PS4.
As Jim Ryan said it on an interview earlier this month, their plan is to make their first party title available for as many people as possible, which is a great business choice, because as I said earlier, whoever wants the game, they will buy it no matter what and after the console exclusivity period ends, those who wanted it and waited will be able to eventually get it and if they like it that much, they will eventually consider buying in the console market just so they can get the new games early next time.
Which is just more profit for them be it on console or not.

Fans and those who really want the game, will get it no matter what and those who want it, but don't own/want/can't afford a console just for one-or two games will get it later on anyway, so it's a win-win situation.

I am a big God of Wat fan, and was since the ver beginning, hell, I even bought the Java ME version back in the day, God of War: Betrayal, and got every God of War game to date and will get the next one too on the PS5 and this one too on steam, even if I already finished it on PS4. What I want to say with this, is yes, I agree that with this Sony may lose some exclusivity, but people will still buy games and consoles even if the games will eventually come to PC.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
this seems to be good, and bad, good news, God of War will be available on Steam Deck, but the bad news is that if Sony keeps doing this, its consoles may not have the exclusivity they once had.
I respectfully disagree. Exclusive content is fine to a point, but I'm not about to buy another plastic box that will inevitably collect dust just to play a very small handful of titles. The ones that actually appeal to me, anyway. Not very cost effective.

Reactions: Plazorn

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respectfully disagree. Exclusive content is fine to a point, but I'm not about to buy another plastic box that will inevitably collect dust just to play a very small handful of titles. The ones that actually appeal to me, anyway. Not very cost effective.
True, i did not think of that. PCs are more versatile.

Reactions: Kioku

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't owned a Sony console since the PlayStation 1. So I've never had the opportunity.

Now I will.
we have 3 PS4's in the house and a ... they haven't been touched ... Last Game i played on PS4 was that Ghosts of T ... last of Us 2 ... which i must say ( Even though Im PC Gamer ) Both those games was amazing especially Ghosts ...

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
didn't the nvidia game list leak already predict this? I guess it wasn't fake after all...

I wouldn't say so, it was a speculative title from the moment Sony started porting exclusives to PC. If any of the crazy titles in that list come to fruition, then maybe we can say it wasn't a speculative list like Nvidia claimed it was.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it with Sony porting only the 4th installment of their IPs to PC? :wink:
because its less likely anyone will want to buy ps2 ports.

with kids today, it probably wont apeal to them as theyre all graphic wh0res these days.

im surprised we havent seen any "sony sucks ass having to port its exclusives to pc", kinda like something MS have been doing for some time and see nothing wrong with giving the option to replay them on pc and take advantage of mods etc that you can easily do on pc, but cant on console part.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I've played every GoW game except this one, because I never bought a PS4.
I had to pinch my cheek a few times. Honestly thought I'm dreaming.
DAY ONE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1