God of War 1&2

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by ganons, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

God of War 1&2 by ganons at 1:32 PM (1,263 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. ganons
    OP

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I just finished playing GoW for psp so I thought I'll get 1&2 for Ps2 but im reading there were a lot of problems coz its dual layered. At the mo I got Gow1 DVD9 so what settings shall I use with imgburn or any other app? I dont know what chip I have on my ps2 someone please help. I read about toxic patch for gow2 is it neccessary for gow 1?

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i gave up burning these games on dual layers so i brought the games instead, good luck with the iso's though

3. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Founds this from somewhere. I never modded my ps2 so i don't know about burning ps2 games etc. But i assume that you need that dual layer patch and something. :a If it's not patched already.

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You just have to patch the image with the toxic dual layer patcher and burn , unless you have a newer chip that has auto DL patching , then you can just burn and switch the patching on in your chips config. Also make sure you set booktype to dvd-rom as well.

If it doesn't work , then it's one of three things

1)Crap media
    2)Your chip doesn't support dual layer.
    3)Laser is worn and too weak to read it.

5. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    well i applied the toxic patch and after a few dres it worked. but during a big cutscene to athena it stuttered BIG time. I think i'll buy gow 2

i couldnt set the booktype coz my freecom external usb writer was not listed in imgburn (oem?)

6. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I was never able to get dual layer PS2 games to work. So I just grabbed the DVD5 versions.

7. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If it's booted , then the booktype was probably set , I don't think they will boot at all if it isn't. Writer may of done it automatically as a lot do for +r dl. Stuttering is no good [​IMG] , either the ps2 didn't like the media (what did you use?) or laser is dirty or worn and just can't handle a burnt dl disc [​IMG].

8. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    it makes a clicking noise and the dl brand was something random, im gonna hunt both of these games down preowned

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    hah, you wait when you get to the bridge in god of war where the desert is and the game will freeze and won't progress any further, that why i end up buying the game, wasted a whole dual layer pack using various settings and never got it to work.

10. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    hah, *slaps jalaneme with a large trout* got both the games in the post today [​IMG]
    I guess i'll hook it up to my projector