Hacking God I thought acekard was more stable than R4...

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I guess I was proven wrong....either that or I have a bad setup but since I got the new and "better" card it has been problems ever since I got it. I assure you that I'm not just nit picking, this card is truly buggy ( for me atleast.) So first off I got the akiao firmware and put it on my acekard2i. At first it wouldnt work so I change a few things and I got it working. The first thing that happened was I was changing the skin and it popped up the message asking to restart and apply the skin, naturally I clicked yes. The screen goes black (Green light still on), I wait 10 more seconds and still black. Shut off repeat. This time it worked fine (success), so I deciding to set up some shortcuts for myself just for ease of use. I create a shortcut it seems to work so I boot up a game (soma bringer translated) and try out the soft reset. The screen goes black (Green light still on) I turn off my DS then turn it on and boot into acekard again. And wouldn't you know it the shortcut I JUST CREATED is gone, no trace whatsoever. By this time I'm abit frustrated because within 10mins the card has already frozen twice. I put the files needed to run the acekard back on my ds after deleting the old ones just incase and everything seems to work. So I decide to play some soma bringer with my little brother who I just sold my R4 too. After around 20 minutes of playing my game just sorta freezes, his doesn't his runs smoothly (R4 with woodR4 1.05). So I gave up with that game and started playing some suikoden tierkres and although it doesn't freeze on me I find this other weird error. Whenever I close my DSL the green led blinks every half second and the screen flickers on and off along with the sound rapidly. I quit the game decide to turn off all unnecessary features for the game then try. Same problem so I quit and check the settings. They changed back to the old settings oddly enough (no suprise there.) Just incase my games were the ones causing the problems I try out one more. Nostalgia. Same problem. End of story

Now my R4 never had this many freezes errors problems whatever as my new acekard. My acekard even uses a higher class micro sdhc card thats genuine kingston 4g never used before ( except for transferring the files on.)

So why Is acekard so much more buggy than my ancient R4? I now almost wish I had've just ordered another R4 as I wouldn't have run into this many issues.

If anyone could help or maby explain these issues it would be appreciated. Thanks.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Just you. Both my acekards work fine in my ds phat.

Great minds think alike!
smile.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
firespike8 said:
So then my acekards screwed?
Why don't you try a few known good games for a few hours? then you might have an idea what the problem is.

Have you tried the MicroSD card from the R4 in the Acekard?

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
firespike8 said:
So then my acekards screwed?
Why don't you try a few known good games for a few hours? then you might have an idea what the problem is.

Have you tried the MicroSD card from the R4 in the Acekard?

What are examples of a few known good games?

No not yet...I guess I'll try it in a minute.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
firespike8 said:
The only 2 I've put any serious time into since loading on AKAIO1.6RC are Sonic Racing and Sonic Classic Collection (U), both of which are fine. I'm sure others will have better examples.

A lot of people are using patched ROMs on the R4, with AKAIO make sure the ROMs are clean.

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
firespike8 said:
The only 2 I've put any serious time into since loading on AKAIO1.6RC are Sonic Racing and Sonic Classic Collection (U), both of which are fine. I'm sure others will have better examples.

A lot of people are using patched ROMs on the R4, with AKAIO make sure the ROMs are clean.

Oh maby you right about the patched rom thing....I know this sounds kinda dumb but could I unpatch them? And are you talking retail roms or homebrew?

Acekard Obviously isnt the most stable if not all cards are made the same and work properly. I could make a video recording showing off my great new card and its many 'perks' if you want. I see alot more users that have ordered acekards that just fail to work right off the bat than I have seen for R4 users.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit rude but I'm just a bit pissed that I was one of the unlucky ones.

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mines fine.
I used patched roms and I don't have issues. (I don't even know why I do. Probably laziness.)

Iunno, all carts run roms. That's the basics. They're all built to do that. I didn't have any problems, and I'm sure you're just an unlucky user :/

Maybe you have a fake?

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maby your right maby its a fake? I ordered from simplymods and thought they were trusted. I used the panasonic sd formatter and I'll see how it works. So far so good ...

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had some of the same problems! In fact, all my settings seem to go away whenever I soft reset. I've never found anyone else with the same problem, and it only started happening after I put on AKAIO 1.6. But I finally got everything set up, and as long as I don't soft reset everything's fine.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
firespike8 said:
My acekard even uses a higher class micro sdhc card thats genuine kingston 4g never used before ( except for transferring the files on.)
Well a good place to start would be formatting the MicroSD with the Panasonic Formatter. Then installing a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.6RC2. Then check your System Settings on your Acekard to make sure they're set correctly. Redownload ROMs if the problem persists.

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CompC said:
I've had some of the same problems! In fact, all my settings seem to go away whenever I soft reset. I've never found anyone else with the same problem, and it only started happening after I put on AKAIO 1.6. But I finally got everything set up, and as long as I don't soft reset everything's fine.

Thanks for this post!!! Well if I fix the issue I'll be sure to let you know. The panasonic formatter seems to have helped quite abit so far though.

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@CompC

The settings are now saved regardless of power off and soft reset, If you haven't already tried it I recommend using the panasonic sd formatter. Closing my ds the sleep mode works properly now.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it seems you failed to read step one in the AKAIO installation guide from the wiki stickied at the top of the page.

good to see it's working for you now though.

firespike8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I guess it's my fault then. Sorry guys I didn't even know there was a wiki on it. I was just kinda used to r4 pick up and go design. But if it continues to work that's great
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉