God Eater 2 being released on the PSP and Vita simultaneously

D

Deleted_171835

The Vita needs exclusive games. Not multiplats or ports.
Tell that to Sony then, because third-party will always develop for the more popular platform out of the bunch. In this case, it's the PSP, not the Vita.

Am I doin' it rite, raulpoca? :tpi: ...okay, I'll stop now.
Well that's the problem with the Vita.

It's stuck in a deadly cycle. Third parties won't make games because it isn't selling It isn't selling because there are no exclusive games.

If Sony gave enough shits about their platform, they would get their first-party studios to start making some popular exclusive games (God of War for instance) for the platform and not just port this and that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If Sony gave enough shits about their platform, they would get their first-party studios to start making some popular exclusive games (God of War for instance) for the platform and not just port this and that.
You mean like Gravity Rush/Daze, ModNation Racers, Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted, Wipeout and Everybody's Golf, I presume? But that's besides the point, we're straying off-topic.

I'm quite excited for God Eater 2 - even more incentive to finally finish God Eater: Burst. I wonder if there'll be some sort of a Save Transfer feature with extra content if you owned the previous game.

D

Deleted_171835

You mean like Gravity Rush/Daze, ModNation Racers, Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted, Wipeout and Everybody's Golf, I presume? But that's besides the point, we're straying off-topic.

I'm quite excited for God Eater 2 - even more incentive to finally finish God Eater: Burst. I wonder if there'll be some sort of a Save Transfer feature with extra content if you owned the previous game.
The funny thing is most of those games came out at launch.

Not to mention that Soul Sacrifice is MIA and Modnations has no multiplayer. Don't try to spin the Vita's library as good, it makes you seem like a fanboy. ;)

Edit: inb4 raul removes everything. as long as a debate is civil, i don't see anything wrong with one.

Also this is turning into a "Let's hate on Sony thread". I suggest we move away.

If you don't decide to though I'm putting my money on 7 comment removals, one warning, and a closure by sundown today.
Criticizing the Vita isn't hating on Sony. Chill out and let the discussion go on.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't I just go on about how ports are bad for the system. :wacko:
Yeah well, I thought it would get away from the fact it's a port since it a well known Sony game that can only be played in one other place.
:P

I thought it was Monster Hunter during the beginning of the tgs footage. :lol:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(God of War for instance)
I'm kind of surprised that there isn't at least a port of the ps3 one. Featuring cross play
and could save.

God of War is kinda old honestly and a port wouldn't show as much as something tailored for the system. Plus I think they're focusing on some other IPs other than God of War which has six titles in it currently (7 if you count the cell phone game) and multiple re-releases. Uncharted only had 3 games so a fourth one was fine and same goes with Killzone (which had 3 actual FPS games and the PSP title).

EDIT: Actually I'm shocked they haven't made an inFamous title for the system yet. The good money says an inFamous spin off after Killzone and Sly Cooper.

Also this is turning into a "Let's hate on Sony thread". I suggest we move away.

If you don't decide to though I'm putting my money on 7 comment removals, one warning, and a closure by sundown today.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't try to spin the Vita's library as good, it makes you seem like a fanboy. ;)
Don't try to spin the Vita's library as bad, it makes you seem like a fanboy. ;)

So, God Eater 2, eh? Monster Hunter with guns. Big guns at that. And big swords as well, I mean, how good can it get? Surely a system seller.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, God Eater 2, eh? Monster Hunter with guns. Big guns at that. And big swords as well, I mean, how good can it get? Surely a system seller.

Monster Hunter people don't want to really brand it as Monster Hunter and it's not exactly Monster Hunter but mechanically there are similarities. The first game is pretty fun but suffered from a really shit camera thanks to being on the PSP. I would like to try it on the Vita though with the dual sticks.

The game was also a bit faster and more actiony. I did like how it actually gave you NPCs though so a game that obviously required co-op didn't stick you with playing solo and getting pounded on the butthole every mission.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I did like how it actually gave you NPCs though so a game that obviously required co-op didn't stick you with playing solo and getting pounded on the butthole every mission.
That is indeed a huge plus - being forced to go solo was a big let-down on certain monsters in Monster Hunter and Lord of Arcana alike. With someone to provide cover, it's easier to grind the mobs for some extra gear.

D

Deleted_171835

Looking at that trailer @Hyro-Sama posted, it looks like a straight PSP port. Where are the better textures and effects? The only major advantage I can think of is the second analog stick.

Don't try to spin the Vita's library as bad, it makes you seem like a fanboy. ;)
lolol, I'm not even going to bother arguing that; any level-headed person should know the issues with what you just said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt