yay.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scratch that, buy every game you love that way people will make more good games.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I think it's far more important to support indie developers than Rockstar, who are already making plenty of money. Nothing really changes if 100 more people buy GTA, but indie developers need your support to stay in business. Rockstar won't die any time soon.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How many indie developers are there on the DS? Are there any? I thought Nintendo TOS for dev'ers wouldn't allow that?

Anyways, yes, I think more people should buy that game. You see people talking about that game up and down on messageboards (there's even a thread at what.cd, indie hipsters were the last I would've expected to play NDS games), yet only 90000 units sold in march? Something is wrong here. There is an elephant standing in this room that'd just give those draconian DRM apologets another argument.

Personally I don't like the GTA series very much, but I have to acknowledge that they are very good games.

geokes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But GTA is probably the best selling mature rated franchise and if it doesnt succeed people won't make mature rated games for the ds or a sequal.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Of course, licensed, but independent from big publishers or studios (hence indie). And I just looked it up, Nintendo doesn't care if you're related to a big publisher. Looks like the only requirement to become official developer is having a bureau that's not at your home adress and having released one or more games for another platform.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the midia is exaggerating a little here.. DS games usually keep selling, and the DSi launched one day after the March NPD data was collected, I'm certain that a lot of people that got a DSi, also got GTA with it. We should wait a little more before saying that the game sales are bad.

Not to mention, that's only US data.. the game is on the TOP10 best selling games since launch on most european countries and Australia.

Vague Rant said:
I think it's far more important to support indie developers than Rockstar, who are already making plenty of money. Nothing really changes if 100 more people buy GTA, but indie developers need your support to stay in business. Rockstar won't die any time soon.

Then go buy Soul Bubbles! One of the best games I played on the DS, made by a small french developer.
yaynds.gif

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Only in the USA eh? Thaught it was around the world... Ya the game sale should be high in a couple of days/weeks/months/years/decades
tongue.gif
Anyways, ya the game should be selling big cause where I live it's a bit crowded...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Scratch that, buy every game you love that way people will make more good games.

QFT

If you believe in a product, buy it. But lead by example.
rolleyes.gif

Not sure if you know this or not, but the guys who make The Petz games also have families to feed.

My point: Don't preach it; live it.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
On a similar note can everyone STOP buying any game with 'Imagine' or 'Horse' in the title.

Agreed. And 95% of movie/tv show tie-ins. You should see my rant on how to get Nintendo respectable again in another thread. Limit third party releases to only a few per month, and one AAA Big N title every 2 months, so they don't compete with themselves.

geokes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you think it's bad?!? Its my favourite game on the ds and i've completed it once and i'm trying to get to 100% now. The one BAD thing about it is the lockon, you litterally have to trick it into doing the right thing.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all of the people who pirated it still purchased it then I bet the sales would be a lot better. All of the pirates who brag about having it on their flash carts all seem to enjoy it.

I think the game is excellent. When you take a closer look you begin to realise that you have a real GTA world squashed onto the DS with excellent results. I even recognise lots of GTA IV in the game. I bought this game to support and give thanks to Rockstar for creating such a great title.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Not sure if you know this or not, but the guys who make The Petz games also have families to feed.

My point: Don't preach it; live it.
Oh, I don't want their families to starve. After all, their families haven't done anything wrong.

Hopefully their spouses will seek a divorce or something and get custody of the kids.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll probably end up buying it soon.

Thanks to my job, I buy games a few times a month, including ds games. The most recent games I bought were FF Tactics War of the lions (looks almost brand new, for 14 bucks, yay!), and a brand new TWEWY for 24 bucks. Both them just 2 days ago.

I also pre-ordered Knights in a nightmare, and plan on buying the 2nd Trauma Center game. I can't buy EVERYTHING I like, for I'd be broke. But there are games I want to see more of, which I do end up buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: