GNM

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by luken27, Sep 14, 2007.

Sep 14, 2007

GNM by luken27 at 3:33 AM (1,036 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. luken27
    OP

Newcomer luken27 Advanced Member

United States
    I have this and downloaded chishm's firmware hack for dldi and I dont know how to make it work any help?

2. go185

Member go185 GBAtemp Regular

The GnM can only run HOMEBREW, no commercial NDS roms (someone claims to have run a commercial game, but there is no proof from that person yet)

3. Kingwad

Newcomer Kingwad Advanced Member

Canada
    Make it work... what do you want it to do?

4. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Who is this "someone"? I would like to know. Is there a youtube vid? Or anything? When?

5. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You also need to grab one of the DLDI patching tools(the links are on the same site that you got the DLDI driver from and they EXPLICITLY tell you to also download one of those).

Patch the homebrew using the DLDI driver downloaded(I only use v1 as I never had any luck at all with v2).

Copy it onto the POS GnM, and hope that the app works. (My GnM said v1.3 at the bottom, and I never got dslinux to run, always got the no such user ROOT error.)

IIRC mostly everything else that I tried worked except arcomage.

As to commercial ROMs the upshot was that the guy(I found the post, but have lost track of it now) got a small ROM, trimmed it down to under 4M and got it to run. The upshot is that the ROM MUST be under 4MB in total size otherwise the GnM cannot run it.

You can also use a 3-in-1 with the GnM using Rusolph's Expansion Pack Tool homebrew, but be careful about what you put into FLASH memory(PSRAM works fine for everything that will fit into it) as when I put Pokemon Emerald(IIRC) into FLASH the GnM would then freeze at the point at which it usually drew it's shell(list of file icons) leaving me with a blank white screen. I had to wait until I got another flash cart change the ROM in flash and the GnM could boot up all the way again. Not sure if it was a bug or some sort of anti-piracy "feature".