Global Warming

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest I haven't read a lot about the subject, in fact I haven't even seen the Academy Award Winner documentary, so I have no idea.
Some people say it is normal and it happens from time to time.
Does any one care to comment about it?

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Global Warming is just a natural trend. The increased CO2 has a very minimal effect on the climate.

Besides, increased temperatures on Earth will make life better in many aspects.

In fact, the whole "green" push likely consists solely of people with alterior political incentives and others who are merely following the bandwagon. And they tend to focus on the negatives and close their eyes to the positives.

But that's just my two cents.

Mortenga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's all money.

The government wants to squeeze as much money out of people as possible. I think that "global warming" is just a way of making money.

"Recycle, it stops global warming."
No, it doesn't. Soon they're going to start charging you to recycle. That's right, they're going to fucking charge you for recyling.

http://www.loddonrecycling.com/recycling_charges.htm

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's all money.

The government wants to squeeze as much money out of people as possible. I think that "global warming" is just a way of making money.

"Recycle, it stops global warming."
No, it doesn't. Soon they're going to start charging you to recycle. That's right, they're going to fucking charge you for recyling.

http://www.loddonrecycling.com/recycling_charges.htm

They already do over here
cry.gif
. Dunno what to believe about global warming but if the planet doesn't warm over time, how did the ice age several thousands of thousands years ago melt. And with news like hottest temperature in a hundred years,
unsure.gif
but didn't it actually reach that temperature hundred years ago. And there are stories in history of years of drought and long long winters. But still do my part to help stop global warming take car less, walk and bus to more places and other stuff.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use electricity and I use gas for the car... I pay a shit load for it here in the netherlands...

If it is so bad ill pay the taxes, just show me the results (and I dont see them :S)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm beginning to believe that "Fear Sells" in many ways. Everywhere you go people are scaring eachother and people spend a lot of money on insurances.

On the other hand I do believe global warming is something that may have some positive impact, but I'm sure it will have a much more negative impact...
I live in the Netherlands, that is under sea level, and the dutch are fighting the water since God knows when. I do fear that within 20 years the Netherlands will be a second Aquarius. Off course I very much hope this is only MY two cents.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Global warming is real; the temperatures are rising and the climate is changing, for better or worse. That's proven. The argument is whether humans have cause it unnaturally or if it's a natural progression of the planet.

Personally, I think it's both. There's no way our byproducts aren't affecting it. CO2 emissions are definitely damaging our atmosphere. But I think the Earth can be blamed for much of it as well, if for no other reason that She's trying to kill us before we kill her
tongue.gif

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally, I think it's both.Â

That seems pretty obvious. Meh, problem is, whatever we do about it right now, it's too late. What we see is the result of decades of CO2 emission so we're gonna have to deal with the problems. It's just a question of whether we'll continue making it worse than it already is.

QUOTEI live in the Netherlands, that is under sea level, and the dutch are fighting the water since God knows when. I do fear that within 20 years the Netherlands will be a second Aquarius. Off course I very much hope this is only MY two cents.

Yeah, you know, seeing the Netherlands is a rich country, I'd say you're pretty good off there. It's going to be the third world countries where the major disasters will be. But well, who cares about those people anyway as long as they keep making our nikeys.

Mortenga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, look at this:

4030ab25e5.jpg

Now imagine that is a timeline. The bumps on the timeline are temparature. At the bottom of the bumps is an ice age. The temparature takes billions of years to change and is slowly changing.

We are at the red X now in time. It is completely natural.

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, those damn scientists and their hoaxes. Seriously. The church had a point when it started burning them.

I'm afraid if there is a conspiracy, it's mostly the other way round. There are important economical advantages in denying global warming and not doing anything about it. Especially in the US, scientists have been pressured to either deny or underestimate global warming by both companies and the US government.

Edit: Not to mention scary organisations like the advancement of sound science center (TASSC) who are the same brilliant minds who denied the link between CFC's and the hole in the ozon layer and denied the link between passive smoking and lung cancer are the driving forces behind discrediting the global warming theory. Basically it's an organisation funded by a variety of companies, including oil, sigarettes and car companies, whose sole purpose it is to hire scientists to say what those companies want.

Mortenga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If we are having an effect on global warming then all we are probably going to do is make that little red X get higher a tiny bit quicker.

We'll all be dead before we see the long term effects of global warming but for now people are being charged to help.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^not dead...

im a Christian and have a Christian perspective on the matter. we cant destroy the earth. we can but it will never happen before god calls the heavens to pass away with a terrible noise and start the 1000 years of the antichrists reign.

please no flaming. if you do i can put you in your place.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fact. However, that doesn't mean you should automatically believe anything coming out of thinktanks like Greenpeace as they stand to benefit from blowing it up into this enormous threat - it gives them power on the political plane, something they like (just take one look at their history for confirmation of this - it's a long series of making alarmist statements that aren't always founded in reality; like their ideas surrounding fusion reactors vs. traditional nuclear power).

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My dog is telepathic and can speak human (telepathically)....She does tell me that global warming is indeed real however as much as we fuck up this world we will always find a way to get around it....whether its using alternate resources or depending on machines to live. Well that is what my dog says anyway....

please no flaming my dog or her beliefs. if you do she can put you in your place.

As for me? I do know that in the 30 years in existence places I was 10 years ago have very different climates than now... so I tend to believe global warming to be real. Plus the whole polar ice caps melting away to nothing is pretty f'ed up.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had to do research for a project on global warming, and I'm reading a book about it too. All I can say is that, were fucked. Oceans gonna rise, foods gonna be impossible to grow, and all life as we know it will probably end.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well it's a Natural effect, because if you didn't know, Cow Farts (in one year) polluate more even more than a car in a year. So yeah Cow exist since wayyyy before cars, so the earth has already lived something like that.

Cletebob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my take:

1. It is a natural cycle. The earth warms until ice-caps break off into the ocean. This cools the currents, which effects the weather, which reacts to bring the temp down. The ice-caps begin to grow again in size, and as such the weather stabilizes, and soon (geologically speaking) the weather warms, the ice drops, rince...repeat...

2. It is our responsibility to help the natural cycle remain natural. We don't really have to go to extremes, but at the same time we don't have to waste and pollute excessively either.

3. Every issue is political to someone, and to those people, there is money/power to be had, so they will push it. Can't stop it, but I for one will not be a part of it if I can help it.

4. I too believe that there will be a spiritual based end to the world long before we can destroy it ourself. That is my personal belief. Scientists are great at explaining the "how" of things, but I really need a "why", which science can't explain to me.

5 For everything else, there is Mastercard...

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty much been established that global warming IS happening. Regardless of our involvement in it, its too late to play the blame game, and I hope scientists find a way to curb this dilemma. I think I will play the devil's advocate here, and I believe that we do have the power to destroy this earth. Personally, I do not believe in a spiritually-based apocalypse, but I do believe we are capable of creating one ourselves. This is not to say that I think that we are quickening our deaths through global warming, rather that people tend to overlook humanity's ability to change the earth.

This is not to say that I am a cynic. If we can develop bombs that can lay waste to the earth, I'm sure that we can develop ways to secure it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1