Hardware Glass screen slightly loose on one corner?

tarovisions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed that the adhesive around the glass screen gets kinda loose around the bottom right corner after extended (2 hours+) use. Anyone with similar issues?

It's not severe enough to impact usage but the glass is kinda raised over the housing in that corner. I suspect it's just a factory error (My switch also came with a faulty charger) and not common.

Edit: Not so much a complaint, just a curiosity I noticed.

Last edited by tarovisions,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed that the adhesive around the glass screen gets kinda loose around the bottom right corner after extended (2 hours+) use. Anyone with similar issues?

It's not severe enough to impact usage but the glass is kinda raised over the housing in that corner. I suspect it's just a factory error (My switch also came with a faulty charger) and not common.
Firstly the screen isn't glass, and no I haven't seen or heard of that. Could you possible get a picture of the issue to better know what is going on?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No need to compromise or settle down with it. It's definitely defective especially you mentioned the charger. That's 2 in 1 problem already. You need to return it ASAP from where you bought it.

tarovisions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly the screen isn't glass, and no I haven't seen or heard of that. Could you possible get a picture of the issue to better know what is going on?

Oh it's plastic? fooled me haha

There's not much in the way of pics to be provided, it's only raised slightly above the housing so it might be hard to see. I'll make an attempt though.

Hum this sounds like something you want to RMA as soon as possible. The plastic screen shouldn't get lose at all.

No need to compromise or settle down with it. It's definitely defective especially you mentioned the charger. That's 2 in 1 problem already. You need to return it ASAP from where you bought it.

See, I got the charger resolved by buying another. I can't really return it because there's probably nothing available at the retailer and I would lose all my data (aka BOTW) since save transfer is not an option AFAIK. Nintendo usually takes a looooong time to RMA, so I'm willing to settle.

I'm not opposed to re-doing the adhesive myself at some point but only if things get worse later on. ;)

Reactions: ov3rkill

tarovisions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably the best I can do for now, shows the very slight sag in the corner.

I should also mention that the other giveaway is that I can physically push it back into being level again.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    434.1 KB · Views: 512

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'll wait of buying Switch only if someone made glass protector for it!
There are several. I'll be ordering one in advance so I can apply it to the Switch the day I get it, just to secure it from dock scratches.
This is probably the best I can do for now, shows the very slight sag in the corner.

I should also mention that the other giveaway is that I can physically push it back into being level again.
It might not affect functionality, but that would bug me no end.
I would wait a while until things settle down then RMA it or get it exchanged. Beat BotW before you do so that losing your save isn't such a big deal and when you want to replay BotW you'll just start over anyways.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Dude... RMA it. That is only going to get worse with time. Worst case scenario is the front falling off.

D

Deleted-414155

A youtuber I'm pretty sure had the same problem. (Video: ) I personally don't have the problem. Like linuxares said above, if possible I would RMA it.

Last edited by ,

tarovisions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few other reasons why RMA is not really available at this time but I'll spare the details.

I do appreciate the suggestions, it would be the best approach but it's probably not happening

Edit: Looks like it's double sided adhesive tape so depending on just how tricky the digitizer cable is, I should manage alright. Hopefully parts hit the market roughly around when it manages to actually bug me.

Last edited by tarovisions,

DarkDragonDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have the same issue, after unboxing i only thought it wasnt really pushed in the shell, but after a while it pooped out again. Problem now is that my Zelda playtime is over 45 hours, so I dont want to loose it (don't have the motivation to start the game from scratch) :/

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 453
S

Saiyan Lusitano

There are several. I'll be ordering one in advance so I can apply it to the Switch the day I get it, just to secure it from dock scratches.
There are several, true, but they're more or less all the same which do as intended albeit advertised differently for which is edgier, cooler or stronger. I stupidly bought one of those overpriced screen protectors and on eBay they're really cheap (the very same tempered glass screen protectors).

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several, true, but they're more or less all the same which do as intended albeit advertised differently for which is edgier, cooler or stronger. I stupidly bought one of those overpriced screen protectors and on eBay they're really cheap (the very same tempered glass screen protectors).
I paid a bit extra to get mine with prime instead of waiting for one from China. Didn't want to risk scratches.

tarovisions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the same issue, after unboxing i only thought it wasnt really pushed in the shell, but after a while it pooped out again. Problem now is that my Zelda playtime is over 45 hours, so I dont want to loose it (don't have the motivation to start the game from scratch) :/

See I think if it was this severe, I'd probably send it in.

It seems to do just fine when in handheld mode, maybe it gets just a tad too hot in the dock?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
See I think if it was this severe, I'd probably send it in.

It seems to do just fine when in handheld mode, maybe it gets just a tad too hot in the dock?
It gets superhot in the dock, I mean really, really hot.

I think they will move your emmc to a new unit or repair the screen (replace it) so your save should be fine if you RMA it. Then again, no guarantees.

Reactions: tarovisions

tarovisions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gets superhot in the dock, I mean really, really hot.

I think they will move your emmc to a new unit or repair the screen (replace it) so your save should be fine if you RMA it. Then again, no guarantees.

I noticed the nice little disclaimer that says something like "We aren't responsible for your save data", so I won't hold my breath. ;)

I will keep on eye on anyone else who RMAs in the near future and gives results.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait of buying Switch only if someone made glass protector for it!
If you mean tempered glass, we have that already and the added thickness effects it's ability to properly dock. People have scratched the protective glass already horribly in the switch or it was slightly too thick to fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots