Gaming GIWIH #8, Rayman Origins Demo Available NOW

masterchan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayman Origins demo is now available in Nintendo eShop, get it while it's hot guys
You get 30 uses for this one.

ad199fea.jpg

53737e68.jpg

9f3023a2.jpg

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, another lazy job by Ubisoft. It really doesn't feel fluid after playing it on the Vita. Also the 3D effect is laughable. Everything is just pushed into the background. Congratulations Ubi, you did it again!

Reactions: 6 people

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
The game seems pretty smooth to me too, although after playing it on the Vita previously, I appreciated the extra screen estate, and colour vibrancy of the Vita version. As mentioned above, the game sprites are a little small, but in addition to this, the colours do seem washed out a bit too. I need to play through it a bit more to pass judgement, but it isn't 'bad'.

Reactions: 2 people

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been waiting ages for this to appear and was looking forward to the 3DS version after playing the Xbox version, I just wanted to see if I should buy the console version or go with the portable version to play on the go. The main thing that strikes me about the game is that the graphics are so tiny, to the extent that I don’t think they do the game justice, also I found myself holding the screen nearer to my face, which didn’t go well with trying to focus on the 3D effect. Not sure if I will be picking this up on the 3DS whereas before the demo came out I was planning to. Will probably wait for the reviews to see how the graphics affect the other parts of the game. Though they are small I think the art style is still great.

Reactions: 3 people

masterchan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been waiting ages for this to appear and was looking forward to the 3DS version after playing the Xbox version, I just wanted to see if I should buy the console version or go with the portable version to play on the go. The main thing that strikes me about the game is that the graphics are so tiny, to the extent that I don’t think they do the game justice, also I found myself holding the screen nearer to my face, which didn’t go well with trying to focus on the 3D effect. Not sure if I will be picking this up on the 3DS whereas before the demo came out I was planning to. Will probably wait for the reviews to see how the graphics affect the other parts of the game. Though they are small I think the art style is still great.
If you are looking for a portable version of this game, you should consider the Vita release, it looks and plays much better, still not as good as a home console version though, but still, the Vita gives this game much power than the 3DS.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Disappointed in this a lot... I was dying to see Rayman origins play in 3D for a while, as I thought the game seemed like PERFECT for it. But judging from the demo, the game is much slower, and its the first time I've seen rayman look that bad and the 3D doesnt make up for it at all sadly either. I was considering to get rayman on the 3DS at one point, but decided to get it for vita and am very glad I did. I do not think I would have enjoyed the game as well at all if I had it on 3DS.
It makes me depressed for 3DS though. But I guess this means I'm justifed in what I think, 3DS and Vita are both worth owning and each do something the other cant.
A shame really, I'm not sure whether to blame the developers for this terrible port or that the 3DS just isnt powerful enough.

@masterchan777, I actually thought the vita version was better than the console versions, ha ha. I played Rayman origins demo on 360, and it was good, but it wasnt enough to tempt me to buy it for it, but on vita, I just felt it seemed to control much better, as well as the hidden relics in vita version as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game feels much slower than the console version. Everything is tiny and the 3D effect is absolutely useless.
The game also physically responds slower than the console version, which sucks for a platforming game. THANK YOU for providing us with a demo, so i'd know not to buy it.

Reactions: 1 person

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I agree with you LAA. I also played through it on Vita and was shocked about the 3DS version. Seriously, if you turn the 3D off the game looks like a DS game. Hell, I think Castlevania - Order Of Ecclesia looks better than Origins on 3DS and runs smoother. So I blame the developer.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
A shame really, I'm not sure whether to blame the developers for this terrible port or that the 3DS just isnt powerful enough.

When I read ubisoft then I read "dissapointment" it's completely their fault, even if the game was made in a gameboy

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How big is the demo? Wish I could see for myself, but I wonder if like some other demos, the details of the game resources are reduced so it doesn't take up as much space.

400 blocks

Okay, here is my verdict.

After playing Rayman on the Vita which plays like a god a GOD hear me it is perfect, everything plays so smooth and the graphics look great. Then I tried this on my little brothers 3DS system... 0.0 I was like NO WAY...

When I saw the pictures in the eShop I was like *ugn... the demo will be better*

When I was playing the demo the first thing I did not like is the sound on the 3DS menu, it sound so blehhh. Then the loading screen which looks BIG the moving part looks BIG while the sprites in all levels are tiny as the hell... 0.o

Second the games looks like it's in the middle of a mist... then the games plays not so fluid...

I am sorry Ubisoft no not sorry you took your time to develop this guy and you've failed FAILED I say.

*goes back to Rayman origins on the Wii*

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, I meant in terms of MB, but I figured it out.

Did some math, with 1 block = 128KB. That would mean the demo itself is about 51.2MB. Makes me wonder if they did reduce asset detail for demo purposes. Here are the sizes of the other demos (US availability).

MGS3D - 1070 (136.96MB)
Crush 3D - 676 (86.53MB)
Nintendogs + Cats - 574 (73.47MB)
M & S London - 925 (118.4MB)
RE:R - 1146 (146.69MB)

The Rayman Origins demo is actually the smallest out of them all at 400 (51.2MB).

HT3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohworld.com
XP
Country
Wow the Vita version is so much better.

I was expecting the 3D effect to work pretty well, but I couldn't really notice it. Glad I already bought it on Vita.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Disappointed in this a lot... I was dying to see Rayman origins play in 3D for a while, as I thought the game seemed like PERFECT for it. But judging from the demo, the game is much slower, and its the first time I've seen rayman look that bad and the 3D doesnt make up for it at all sadly either. I was considering to get rayman on the 3DS at one point, but decided to get it for vita and am very glad I did. I do not think I would have enjoyed the game as well at all if I had it on 3DS.
It makes me depressed for 3DS though. But I guess this means I'm justifed in what I think, 3DS and Vita are both worth owning and each do something the other cant.

@[member='masterchan777'], I actually thought the vita version was better than the console versions, ha ha. I played Rayman origins demo on 360, and it was good, but it wasnt enough to tempt me to buy it for it, but on vita, I just felt it seemed to control much better, as well as the hidden relics in vita version as well.

It's not the 3DS's fault, it's either just a bad demo where the final version is better, like the Revelations demo, or simply a bad port by Ubisoft.
The game runs at 60 fps on the Wii so hardware isn't the problem, it's just simply not optimized.

The problems with this demo are the unresponsive controls and the 30fps frame rate, It's a fast paced game at times so it's noticeable, when you press the jump button Rayman lags behind a little but it can really get on your nerves.

I personally think the sprite size is fine, could have been bigger but my main complaint is that AA is overused, 2x would've been enough.
Everything is pretty small so 4x makes it too blurry, and combined with the substandard frame rate you simply can't see the details.

I was hoping this would be like those beautiful and sharp Muramasa the demonblade pics with great 3D, but no, it's sad how Ubisoft kept delaying it just to make a rushed port in the end.

Seriously go check out some Muramasa MPO's, makes you realize how much potential this game had.

This game doesn't use pop out 3D which is a shame, unlike Mighty Switch Force where certain things like explosions and particles fly outside the screen.
Just played that game and wow, huge difference when it comes to responsiveness and frame rate.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't really say much else that hasn't already been said. 3d is really disappointing. As proven by mutant mudds, sonic generations, and even kirby, you can do 3d in a 2d platformer and have it look cool.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh cool, glad I'm not the only one who thinks this demo blows. The controls are too slippery and unresponsive for a platforming game. And I'm sorry, but they should have just remade the whole game for the 3DS. Keep the art style, but up the resolution or something, everything is so fucking small on the screen. And that's not the 3DS' fault, it's more of it just being a bad port.

D

Deleted_171835

Well I played the demo and I'm not exactly pleased or disappointed. The framerate is noticeably lower than the other versions but is still perfectly playable (solid 30FPS vs. 60). The quality of the assets and the sound aren't that great but I assume that's because they compressed it for the demo. Frankly, Ubisoft did yet another lazy port considering Rayman Origins could easily run on a 3DS in 60FPS (it's not a demanding game). It's still Rayman Origins and if you want to play a portable version, this isn't a bad choice. Oh and there should totally be a zoom button.

Oh cool, glad I'm not the only one who thinks this demo blows. The controls are too slippery and unresponsive for a platforming game. And I'm sorry, but they should have just remade the whole game for the 3DS. Keep the art style, but up the resolution or something, everything is so fucking small on the screen. And that's not the 3DS' fault, it's more of it just being a bad port.
How can you "up the resolution"? The 3DS screen is 400x240, you can't change that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1